HP1- Will not record after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Today I went to turn on recording for the day on freq's of interest from a favorite list and the full DB but record is greyed out.

HP1 Advanced
FW 2.01
dB ver 9/4/2011

The record function is greyed out for all services, databases and favorites list.
I am unable to find anything in the settings that I may have corupted.

This is for conventional or TRS systems. Holding on a group, agency or system does not "un-grey" record.

Anyone else??

Dave

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I have never touched it physically so it is OEM. Did a DB wipe and re-upload but no joy. Scans fine other than the record function.

OCO

Recording is disabled when the scanner thinks the batteries are low.. Perhaps you have a bad cell?? I realize that you may have had it on the power supply, but if a cell is bad, it may drag the charging/operating voltage down also..

Last edited:

Audiodave1

Database Admin
Well that was it! No batteries inserted = No record function.

Sounds like a threshold needs to be changed in the software to allow recording under this condition.

Thank you CJDC,
Dave

OCO

I suspect that Uniden wants to prevent data errors that could occur if a write operation was in process and the scanner lost power.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Recording is disabled when the scanner thinks the batteries are low.. Perhaps you have a bad cell?? I realize that you may have had it on the power supply, but if a cell is bad, it may drag the charging/operating voltage down also..

Definitely something to be added to the FAQ. This is a question that is liable to come up again. best regards..Mike

bonus1331

Yes, you will not be able to use the discovery modes without batteries inserted if you use the record option.
Couldn't figure out why the "start" button was grayed out when attemting to start a new discovery mode session.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It is mentioned on pages 19 and 20 of the O/M. In bold, italic type.

Also on Page 25 under troubleshooting.

KD8HE

Premium Subscriber
it's a guy thing...first thing we do when we open the box is toss the manual!

phask

Premium Subscriber
It's been explained, if you search, has to do with corrupting the sd card if it loses power during a write.

Status
Not open for further replies.