HP1 - won't avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIF043195

Premium Subscriber
This seems to be a new problem to me (or I just haven't been paying attention). I have noticed that some channels (actually talkgroups on a P25 system) won't display "AVOID" after I selected avoid (I have the menu bar in the correct place). Any ideas?

rwier

This seems to be a new problem to me (or I just haven't been paying attention). I have noticed that some channels (actually talkgroups on a P25 system) won't display "AVOID" after I selected avoid (I have the menu bar in the correct place). Any ideas?

This is what mine does:
1) You lock-on (highlight/yellow) a TG (bottom bar of three)
2) You press the "caret" directly to the right of the yellow bar
3) You press "avoid" at the top of the white column
4) You answer the pop-up quiz (or you don't touch anything and wait a few seconds)
The screen should return to:
1) above with a red AVOID and a "lock" icon at the right end of the yellow bar (bottom row of three)
Now, I can still receive the "avoided" TG until I clear the "yellow" by tapping in the yellow area. Then that TG is "poofed".

My FavLists (many) each incorporate multiple P25 Systems with many Departments which totals hundreds of TG's (95%+ avoided). I (as far as I know, lol) do not have an avoid problem. Give us some specific scenarios (the more detailed, the better) so as to facilitate testing.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:

JIF043195

Premium Subscriber
It is multiple TGIDs. Actually, this affects both Channels and Departments under the database for Bethlehem Public Safety (P25 system). It appears to appropriately avoid a talkgroup or department, just is not displaying "Avoid."

Rob...I am following the same procedure. Like I said earlier, it seems to be isolated only to the Bethlehem Public Safety system and while the avoid feature appears to work, there is no little "AVOID" being displayed on the department or channel.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
That's odd Jason. If you look in Sentinel at your favorite, do you have multiples of the same system with the same TGID's, by chance?

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I have run into problems where it was on avoid and it wouldn't turn off. I only noticed it on trunk systems, never on a conventional channel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.