HP2 - CTCSS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sherbona

Hi folks.

I'm a new HomePatrol owner and am still learning the features. This site and all the great folks and information here are really helping me!

My question, does the HP2 have CTCSS squelch capability?

I ask because in Sentinel I created a new favorites list for some local ham repeaters. For some of the channels I entered Audio Options values, e.g., Audio Type=Analog & CTCSS/DCS=94.8 , corresponding to the repeaters' CTCSS. But I noticed that when scanning for at least one where I did this it seems to stop even though it doesn't show any CTCSS tone present.

I'm still in the very early stages of learning and may have easily missed something or made a mistake. But I'm wondering when scanning if it is supposed to stop only if the channel's CTCSS is detected or not if one is specified? If not, I guess my next question is what is the purpose of specifying a CTCSS tone for a channel in a favorites list, what is it used for?

Thanks!

Sherbona

CTCSS indidator doesn't come on if a value is specified

OK, I think I have it figured out. What happens is the CTCSS indicator doesn't come on for a channel unless the Audio Type (in Sentinel) is 'all' or 'analog CTCSS/DCS Search'.

Since I had entered specific CTCSS values, the CTCSS display didn't come on but it must have been present in the signal after all.

In case anybody else runs into this the post in the link below covers this:
https://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-tech-support/350418-uniden-hp-1-a.html#post2737657

Status
Not open for further replies.