HP-2: hp2 favorites not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
So I have several favorites list set up about two pages worth everything works except for three favorites list that are outside of my area.

If I use the full database I can listen to the same systems that I had put in a favorites list when I click on my favorites list it loads very fast but it doesn’t load any frequencies it sits at zero when I hit listen it gives me the option of cutting service types changing my range or changing at your service
If I use the full database I can listen to the same systems that I had put in a favorites list when I click on my favorites list it loads very fast but it doesn’t load any frequencies it sits at zero when I hit listen it gives me the option of cutting service types changing my range or changing at your less if I go to the service types every single one of them is grayed out for these particular favorites list I don’t know if it’s stuck in GPS mode or something but I haven’t made any changes nothing is avoided or locked out. I am not sure what has changed, except I took scanner out of vehicle to use in the house.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
You had a gps connected in vehicle? But no gps now in house? If so, I’d say the scanner is confused about its current location. Put a location in manually (on scanner or thru Sentinel) using lay/long coordinates or zip code.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
You had a gps connected in vehicle? But no gps now in house? If so, I’d say the scanner is confused about its current location. Put a location in manually (on scanner or thru Sentinel) using lay/long coordinates or zip code.
So it sounds like favorites list is depending on your location even if you put the range at 0.0? You would think with a Favorites is no matter where you are or what’s plugged in if you click on your favorite lists you should be able to scan it for example I have a Favorites tab or list that is in a city that’s 40 miles away meanwhile I have another favorite/it’s 5 miles away the 5 miles away favorites this is the one it’s not working however the one that’s 40 miles away I can go ahead and scan I mean I’ll probably not pick it up because I’m 40 miles away and only using a rubber duck.

Since I had the profile saved on my laptop I reloaded the scanner and it works again however after two days it has happened again where these physical favorites list just kind of don’t work

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Check under Edit Profile> Select Favorites List> Location Control> Select No, close to save.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
If location control is active on the favorites list, you need a location. When you lose contact with a gps, by either unplugging it or turning scanner off, I am pretty sure it keeps that last position and uses it until scanner can talk to a gps again, or you manually set a location.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
When you lose contact with a gps, by either unplugging it or turning scanner off, I am pretty sure it keeps that last position and uses it until scanner can talk to a gps again, or you manually set a location.

Correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.