HP2 for home use questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I just got a HP 2 Today, i used to have a HP1 that had a ac plug, the HP2 doesn't. The place where i got it from gav me a wall wart USB adapter for it. So i know on the HP1 it had to have batteries for replay options to work. So for my HP2, it will be 100 percent home use, so do i connect it to the wall all the time, that is what i plan to do. And it always asks me about charging the batteries, what do i do, i like to keep the screen on, so if plugged in, is that going to run down the batteries? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just got a HP 2 Today, i used to have a HP1 that had a ac plug, the HP2 doesn't. The place where i got it from gav me a wall wart USB adapter for it. So i know on the HP1 it had to have batteries for replay options to work. So for my HP2, it will be 100 percent home use, so do i connect it to the wall all the time, that is what i plan to do. And it always asks me about charging the batteries, what do i do, i like to keep the screen on, so if plugged in, is that going to run down the batteries? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I run my HP-2 24/7, plugged in to a USB adapter (a high current one for the HP-2, and 436HP, among others). No problems at all.

The scanner will run off the adapter with no problems, so there's no drain on the batteries,. I use low self-discharge batteries (Eneloops) so that the batteries keep a charge in them. Besides keeping the record options in play (they won't work without batteries in the scanner, even if running off an adapter), the batteries give you a sort of safety net against a power outage causing the sd card to get corrupted.

Any time you plug an adapter into the scanner, or if there was a brief power outage, the scanner will ask if you want to charge the batteries. You can just ignore it if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.