HP2 help with starcom

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmotravis

ok folks, i'm a new user with the home patrol 2 for four weeks. my listening consists of 1/3 analog police, 1/3 p25 police, and 1/3 starcom. I would like to set the scanner up so it doesn't hang up on starcom all the time, just want it to look for activity on district 12, effingham, clark, and jasper county. I also have the sentinel software downloaded if it will aid in this endeavor. Thanks in advance.

N9JIG

Sheriff
ok folks, i'm a new user with the home patrol 2 for four weeks. my listening consists of 1/3 analog police, 1/3 p25 police, and 1/3 starcom. I would like to set the scanner up so it doesn't hang up on starcom all the time, just want it to look for activity on district 12, effingham, clark, and jasper county. I also have the sentinel software downloaded if it will aid in this endeavor. Thanks in advance.

If you set up a Favorites LIst with just the channels you want to listen to then you can tailor your listening to those channels.

cosmotravis

that's exactly what i did, the starcom is in a list and the analog / p25 is in the other.
when scanning both lists, it spends PLENTY of time on starcom.
Would like to clear out the hangups starcom or do i have to live with it?

cosmotravis

How many sites are you monitoring on Starcom21. It may be spending time just scanning sites for traffic
think we're onto something.
Sites is a new term for me,
so these towns (sites) i never heard of, i can probably delete them / avoid them? correct?

PS. think you nailed it, just deleted six sites and the "on wheels" ones and it only hangs up for eight seconds on starcom.
must better

Last edited:

lu81fitter

Just make a favorites list for what you want to hear and turn off the database. Put in your county and the surrounding ones. Location control is ok, but may miss some things. With your own favorites list, you got what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.