HP-2: HP2 SD card file error

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB2UZR

Hi All:

I am trying to replace the SD card in my HP2, and am running into difficulty. I have a 32 gb card, formatted using SD card formatter. When I plug the scanner in to clear the user data on the card I get the SD card error saying to remove power for a minute, and go to clear all data in Sentinel. However, when I bring up the clear user data screen, there is nothing listed in the "select home patrol micro sd" box, even with "display all drives" checked. I do have the hide hidden drives box unchecked in Windows also. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

WB2UZR

Well, I managed to fix it. With some mysterious combination of unplugging and rebooting scanner, it saw the drive and I was able to get it squared away. The old card lasted quite a while, it was the original that came with the scanner, so can't complain, its been awhile.

Ubbe

I have the original SD card in my 10 year old HP-1. Used it every day at least 5 hours and with Replay or manual continuos recording always activated. It is not tear and wear that breaks SD cards. They guarantee SD cards to work many years with HD video recordings. That's probably a thousand times more read and writes than in a scanner.

/Ubbe

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I have the original SD card in my 10 year old HP-1. Used it every day at least 5 hours and with Replay or manual continuos recording always activated. It is not tear and wear that breaks SD cards. They guarantee SD cards to work many years with HD video recordings. That's probably a thousand times more read and writes than in a scanner.

/Ubbe
Dashcams and the like use high-endurance flash that can handle a higher number of write cycles than standard. Uniden only switched to high endurance cards after many complaints of card failure. Scanners write audio only, not audio and video, and only write to the card during a transmission and when saving settings at shutdown, so they put far less wear on a card than a dashcam.

Status
Not open for further replies.