HP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

asl307317

Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking about purchasing an HP2 but before I do that I have a question.

I know that the unit will automatically load data based upon the zip code you enter but can you also tell it that you only want to load a specific public safety group (such as fire) rather than any available communication in that area?

Thanks.

Hit_Factor

Yes, those groups are called service types. There are are 15 or 20 of them. There are about 6 more that you can customize to fit your need. But you have to learn and use favorites list to use the custom types

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm thinking about purchasing an HP2 but before I do that I have a question.

I know that the unit will automatically load data based upon the zip code you enter but can you also tell it that you only want to load a specific public safety group (such as fire) rather than any available communication in that area?

Thanks.
You can do that if you are using a Favorites list. However, you cannot do that if only scanning via the main database, your location, and a range.

Service types control what type of conversations you want to monitor. For Public Safety, only Dispatch types are enabled- Law Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, EMS Dispatch, and Multi Dispatch. But you also need to enable the Tac and Talk service types. Examples would include Law Talk, Fire Tac, EMS Talk, etc.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Yep... Creating one or more Favorites Lists will allow you to monitor only the particular agencies you wish.

Hit_Factor

You don't need a favorites list to use the pre-programed service types. These are the service types for a SDS100, probably the same in an HP2 (I sold my HP2s a while ago, so I don't recall exactly)

Status
Not open for further replies.