HPD Channel 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE5HOB

I was scanning not to long ago and heard an out of breath officer shouting the position of a suspect. Thinking this sounded interesting, I decided to hold on that freq and listen. The had a perimeter set up, a 73 Fox on the scene, and an officer asking for a "long gun." Then someone came on the freq and told them to move to channel 8. I scanned and scanned and never heard the rest of the conversation. Anyone know what channel 8 is? I have a recording of the audio if anyone wants it.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Channel 8 is published here in the DB, 460.2250. The thing is it is all simplex operations allowing it to be used all over the city simultaneously, generally without interference from units elsewhere. Unless you are within a relatively small circle around the activity you are not going to hear it, except for the helicopter of course since it is in the air, you will hear it further away.

KE5HOB

Oh, thanks for that info. I didn't realize it was simplex. I did go to that Channel and only heard Fox, I should have put that in the OP. Thanks for the response without any negativity!

KE5HOB

Lol Lou nothing personal, and nothing about this site in particular either. I have just seen too many forum posts where someone asks a question and no one wants to help, they just want to belittle the person for being ignorant. Makes you kind of wary of asking for help. Good to know there are people like you around!

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Lol Lou nothing personal, and nothing about this site in particular either. I have just seen too many forum posts where someone asks a question and no one wants to help, they just want to belittle the person for being ignorant. Makes you kind of wary of asking for help. Good to know there are people like you around!

Aggravates the living crap out of you, doesn't it? You are right though, it happens here and on every other forum out there. What I love about this community is that we all have different walks in life and experiences and technical know-how. When you put that all together, you will pretty much always come to the right conclusion when a question is asked. You just have to sometimes ignore the trolls and grouches to get to the helpful posters. Good luck hearing CH 8, I have never heard a single transmission on it in all my times passing through Houston.

T04KLH9PW7AN

Moto MR Engineer
Premium Subscriber
Car to Car

A lot of times you can hear fox but not the ground unit because of the height of the helo and the lower wattage of the handheld unit.

KE5HOB

Yeah I heard Fox, which made me think I was on the correct frequency, but never heard any other units. It's a shame too. I told my father about the situation while I was monitoring and he told me the next day that he had heard on the news that the police had shot and killed one suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.