Hpd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agm2010

Hey guys! I finally got my pro-163 working again, and I'm tuned into Henderson PD, but there isn't that much action as before. Do I have the wrong SmartZone frequencies programmed (I'm using the Las Vegas and Lake Las Vegas/Henderson frequencies), did I program incorrectly, or do they just not use the radio much anymore? Let me know if you need more info.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
cc only

Hey guys! I finally got my pro-163 working again, and I'm tuned into Henderson PD, but there isn't that much action as before. Do I have the wrong SmartZone frequencies programmed (I'm using the Las Vegas and Lake Las Vegas/Henderson frequencies), did I program incorrectly, or do they just not use the radio much anymore? Let me know if you need more info.

I would be sure you have control channel only enabled and just program in all the control channels of the SNACC system. Forget the rest because your scanner will be ok without them, cc only is a really good feature.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
cc only

I have a pro-163. So just program all the red channels for Vegas and Henderson only?

Yes all the red freqs will do it. They are the control channels.

Be sure you have "cc only" enabled in your settings. I don't have a 163 but I will go have a look at the manual and advise how to make sure this feature is on. Stand by for a few.

Last edited:

737mech

Premium Subscriber
more on HPD

Yes all the red freqs will do it. They are the control channels.

Be sure you have "cc only" enabled in your settings. I don't have a 163 but I will go have a look at the manual and advise how to make sure this feature is on. Stand by for a few.

Can't find it in the 163 manual, but also make sure you have the scanner programmed with all the HPD tgid's and you should have what you want. If not try the "Open mode" and see if you catch the tgid's.

fredrick

goodevening gentalmen
question as to programing control channels can the psr 400 which i have program the sameway the gentalmen prgammed his pro 163 as always thank you

agm2010

Ok so I've made those changes, and things seem to work, but it seems like I'm missing some conversations. Sometimes it seems like one officer asks a question, but all I get is the response, does anyone else experience this?

br0adband

Do you have the DLY on the bank so it'll always hang for 2 seconds for the response? I've got a Pro-164 set up with pretty much everything the RR database has for SNACC and I'm getting HPD traffic consistently without issues (I'm situated smack dab in the center of downtown Vegas, also, about 3 floors up but since the SNACC system is so saturated it really doesn't matter).

agm2010

I do have the delay set on all my banks. I always pick up the HPD Main dispatch, and sometimes the Info, but all the other channels are dead, is that the same for you?

br0adband

Never noticed any major favoritism to the main dispatch channel myself, but I wasn't particularly monitoring Henderson directly most of the time on the SNACC system anyway.

As luck would have it, I sold the Pro-164 earlier and I'm hoping to be able to snag a BC-346XT from AES here in Vegas before Christmas if I can work some magic on the bills and have enough left over. I do like helping them out and spending my money locally as much as I can, but considering that scanner is $219.99 in the store with our level of tax I'd end up spending about $239 to get it home.

I found it online shipped to my door for $190... sometimes it's hard to support the local guys when they can't or won't match pricing elsewhere. I don't know if they would so I could do business with them but, I'm not going to ask at this point. :(

I'll see what happens...

agm2010

Nice. I'm regretting buying this base unit, I should have bought the 164 instead for the mobility factor.

As with anything haha, you can find it a lot cheaper somewhere online.

Status
Not open for further replies.