HPE files for VIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdaykoloa

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Just procured a new SDS100 and am starting to wrap my head around Sentinel - it is obviously very US/Canada centric, but with the release of this and similar models in Australia, I was hoping to find an easy way to import frequencies into the SDS100...from what I can gather, Sentinel HPE files would help the most.

I’ve also got a RR premium account, but other than downloading an Excel spreadsheet of all VIC frequencies, I’m not seeing the “easy way” to get going with Sentinel and the SDS100 in Victoria.

Anyone have a pointer to share? Done a bit of searching here, but haven’t seen the answer yet.

Ta!

pb_lonny

The main question is what do you wan to listen to with it? You would be best to learn how to program it via the software, not trying to import data off here which is not that up to date.

gdaykoloa

Premium Subscriber
Great points, pb_lonny, thanks. I have figured out how to programme the SBS100 with Sentinel - it’s a bit ugly as I’m using macos and having to run it through Wine, but it works.

Really I was just looking to get as much as I could in as quickly as possible and was hoping for a moderately accurate initial dataset to seed from. Easier to get rid of categories I don’t care for later than to start with nothing and try to suss it out manually.

I’m interested in just about everything - taxi to emergency services to whatever is in range. I’ve been using my HackRF and software on my Mac, which is still great fun (especially at Grand Final time - love all the TV production UHF activity)

I’m sure I’ll figure it out, but am open to anything that helps get me going faster.

Ta,

Scott

pb_lonny

Sorry I could not be more help. I do create configs for Tasmania and could help with sourcing some info if you need a hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.