HPN-30118 or PAR FM Trap

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Unlucky me they seem to have added a FM tower in my area (WKFP 95.7 FM) that is effecting all my scanners, Uniden, GRE and RS the I have connected to a 8-port MC on a Diamond Discone. When I monitor Mil Air it will even stop on a inactive channel and I can hear the radio station bleed through. If I turn off the squelch I can really hear it. I tried the RS FM trap but it doesn't cut it. I still get slight bleed through. I decided I needed a better quality FM filter. Which would work the best? The PAR filter or the HPN-30118?

Thanks
Dan

thomast77

I hear par makes great filters and if one doesn't work you can connect more than one. If the station is close enough to you you may need more than one anyway. By the way 95.7 has been around for years. Unless they moved or upped there power there may be something wrong with their station. You may want to call and talk to their engineer and let them know the problem you are having. They may be able to fix it on their end.

wise871

Database Admin
Thanks Thomas
I've already talked to Dale @ PAR last night and he going to take care of me and get me a filter sent off to correct the problem. Talk about great late night service.

As far as the station is concerned. Either they upped there power or I haven't noticed until I started getting back into MilAir monitoring.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Audiodave1

Database Admin
I suspect by now you received your PAR filter and it works as well as the one I received last week for the same problem on my PSR800. Excellent!

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.