Yaesu: hri200 & wiresX room issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyjob

Hello, hoping someone can help me.......... I have my hri200 hooked to my ftm300 and users of wiresX can connect and converse with all in the room, that being said.... If a local ham well within simplex range connects they can hear no one and no one can hear them, the room is set to "open" , i have also tried setting it to "open digital" it does not matter, no operator that connects through rf can hear us in the room and we can not hear them, they can however, change the room so yes they are connected as far as that goes. Why oh Why cant we communicate with each other in the room ?

K6EEN

You need a DR-2X repeater and a duplexer and a good outdoor antenna high up if you want that type of functionality with the HRI-200. Right now all you have is a single-access relay, not a true repeater system.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
In Wires-X on the PC did you connect to your node to your room? I have not done this with an FTM-300, but with a Yaesu repeater using an HRI-200 you have a node and a room. This much you have clearly done. Now select your room in Wires-X and connect. (Right click)

I have another HRI-200 on the way. I'll give it a try myself using a 400.

Edit: Oh wow that was on April 5. Well anyways someone else may fall in here from a search.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Strictly speaking the the HRI-200 is no longer needed if you just want to connect to Fusion rooms using Wires-X. All you need is a computer running a registered copy of Wires-X and an SCU-19 adapter cord that will connect directly to various Yaesu radios. This will enable you to connect to any Fusion room in the world. I do this with my FT-2 while traveling. I only need a reasonable internet connection and I'm on.

Alternately, I have a Fusion node at my home QTH. This consists of a PC running Wires-X, an HRI-200 and an FTM-400. This set-up communicates with our DR2X repeater at a mountain site. I can connect to a Fusion room and our repeater is linked into that system. Other stations can connect to my node and be heard on the repeater.

What you are trying to do is a simplex node. Stations can connect, but they will only be able to communicate with others in range of your FTM-300. I travel to Alaska (pre-COVID) several times a year and there is an operator in East Anchorage with a Fusion simplex node. I have never directly communicated with him because he is not in range of where I stay in downtown Anchorage. I have talked to him by connecting to his node.

When you use the SCU-19 cable your radio functions as an A/D and D/A converter. There is no RF involved. Thus, I connect my FT-2 to the computer running Wires-X and the radio is just a digital speaker mic. Make sure you have the most recent firmware. It is needed to use these features.

Check out www.hamoperator.com for lots of Fusion/Wires-X information.

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
(You already know this ko6jw_2, but for others)
An HRI-200 is necessary to create a "room" where multiple connections are made. Without the HRI-200 one can only have a "node". A "room" is the OP's planned use. Using a Yaesu repeater and HRI-200 I do the same. Still, people connecting to the repeater or radio via RF will not hear others in the room, or vice versa. Using the Wires-X software I simply connect my repeater "node" to my "room" and then everyone can chat. As we have not heard from the OP for a while, they may have figured it out. Still, the solution was not in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.