HRM feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharmedOne

Is coming soon!!! :D :D :D

After noticing that just now, I couldn't help but feel like a kid on Christmas morning. lol

Now, I just wonder how soon 'soon' is. :p

Props to whoever it is that is planning on hosting the feed! :)

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
I recently vacationed in Halifax and the Valley with my PRO-2096. I would defninately monitor a feed from Halifax. Nova Scotia has long been a great scanning province.

west5alpha

HRM Feed

I didnt see anywhere where it said "coming soon" but if it is ,I can't wait.The first 2 HRM feeds have bite the dust,so maybe the third time is a charm ?Let's cross fingers that all these talkgroups will be included :
HRFES
HPD
RCMP
EHS
City Field
DND
Anything else
the first feed that was up had all the talkgroups but then eastlink got ticked off about him using too much bandwidth or whatever so that was the end of that
the second feed the guy just moved away,but only had police and fire talkgroups
isnt that the whole purpose of having an online feed so we can hear all the action not just a selected few?

CharmedOne

I didnt see anywhere where it said "coming soon" but if it is ,I can't wait.The first 2 HRM feeds have bite the dust,so maybe the third time is a charm ?Let's cross fingers that all these talkgroups will be included :
HRFES
HPD
RCMP
EHS
City Field
DND
Anything else
the first feed that was up had all the talkgroups but then eastlink got ticked off about him using too much bandwidth or whatever so that was the end of that
the second feed the guy just moved away,but only had police and fire talkgroups
isnt that the whole purpose of having an online feed so we can hear all the action not just a selected few?

I only happened to notice because I saved a direct link to the last feed as a favorite and I continue using the same shortcut to this site. It's a way for me to keep up and see if a feed returns too. :)

Halifax County Regional Police and Fire Live Scanner Audio Feed

And hey, if the feed only covers police, then I'll be more than content. I'm not all that interested in fire myself but whatever does end up included, so long as it's not a stereo feed, I'll be cool with it. :)

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Read what the feed status says.

***please note -- feed will be terminated by April 1 -- moving to a new city ***

This feed only has 8 days before its removed anyway. Feeds that are added have 30 days to come online or they are removed.

CharmedOne

Read what the feed status says.

[/I]This feed only has 8 days before its removed anyway. Feeds that are added have 30 days to come online or they are removed.

Well I'm confused then. When the notes were updated at the end of March by the previous feed host, the status box was red saying "offline". However, it is just in the past couple of days that the status has changed to yellow stating "coming soon". Note though that the updated status box can only be seen by clicking on the link I provided.

If you search from the audio feed home location, you won't find any feed listings for Halifax leading me to believe that the old feed has already been removed, nevermind 8 days from now.

If I understand what you're saying, if a new feed is indeed being added, the member has approx another 3 weeks to get it up and running, is this correct?

Perhaps you can clarrify the change in the status information on my link from "offline" to "coming soon" for me? It's not my intention to mislead anyone so if you can clear up matters further, it would be most appreciated.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
If you search from the audio feed home location, you won't find any feed listings for Halifax leading me to believe that the old feed has already been removed, nevermind 8 days from now.

The feed has been deactivated. Which means it was "moved out of sight". After 21 days of a feed being offline, then it is removed from the server. This is why your seeing "coming soon". The feed has been offline now for over 14 days, which it is now set as deactivated.

Time Down Action
============================================
15 min Email Notification to Feed Owner
6 Hours Email Notification to Feed Owner
24 Hours Email Notification to Feed Owner
7 days Email Notification to Feed Owner
14 days Email notification and feed deactivated.
21 days Feed deleted.

CharmedOne

Crap, guess my optimism got the best of me and I ran with it. :p

Sorry for getting some other people's hopes up like my own.
Maybe, just maybe, someone else will consider hosting a feed in the near future.

Thanks for your explanation Daniel.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.