HRP live feed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stachieo

Hrp gone, but looking to get something going if i knew how ...

yea it looks like its gone now, so hopefully someone will start it back up again soon. Ive been thinking for awhile now on getting a scanner to listen to the feeds from HRM but i have no idea what i need or where to start to get something going.

CharmedOne

Noticed this last night myself and instantly worried about withdrawal symptoms I'd suffer.

I really hope someone else can/will step up to the plate.

I'd buy my own portable scanner but not sure it would be worth it since I don't know all that much about them.

Fingers crossed!

west5alpha

HRP Feed

One can only hope a new feed will be back online sometime.I am going through scanner withdrawl.This is the 2nd HRP police feed to bite the dust.
3rd time is the charm? Let's hope whoever puts one back online includes all the EHS talkgroups and the City Works talkgroups.

ObiHann

I found it odd that the last feed had no Fire and LifeFlight, but no EHS. I did appreciate MP's though haha.

west5alpha

HRP Feed

Yeah I agree
Fire and Lifeflight were there but no EHS,that was weird.Isn't that what having a onlline scanner is all about? I can do without the DND comms but EHS and City Field need to be included esp. when it is snowing so we can get the road conditions.
Just look online about setting up a scanner feed I would think,bound to be something there about it.
Fingers and toes crossed lol
Id do it all myself if i had the money to buy a scanner etc. There is a guy outside Bridgewater that sells scanners etc.

hfxChris

Database Admin
Next winter I'm thinking about setting up a dedicated feed just for provincial DOT and HRM city fields. That way if you want to check in with the plow ops you can, otherwise if you're trying to listen to HRP you won't be annoyed with the constant plow chatter.
I was also considering a dedicated marine feed for the harbour...but I'm not sure if that would be of interest to anyone other than myself :p

ObiHann

last winter in some of the bigger storms I had my CB on and picked up a fair bit of chatter between both truckers and tow truck operators. It was a very good way of finding out where the problems where.

Status
Not open for further replies.