• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT-1000 MDC-1200 Emergency Button Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodied

Hello Folks,

I have programmed MDC-1200 to work on my HT-1000 and my CM-300 does a find job decoding it. Next up is the Emergency button on the HT-1000. I would like to know if the radio can be programmed to transmit MDC calling radio name when the Emergency (orange) button is pressed. So far, when I press the orange button the HT-1000 TX's and squaks like it is TXing the MDC data but the CM-300 is not pick it up. The HT-1000 will TX all day and will not stop until I physically press the PTT or power down. When the HT-1000 is TXing in 'Emergency Mode' the CM-300 will not pick up the radio name until I press the PTT and then the CM-300 will display the calling radio.

Any help would be appreciated we are finally moving to a RIT system here for the FD and I am trying to figure out programming before I present to the committeee.

Brodie Doyle
Communications Officer
Petawawa Fire Dept

SCPD

QRT
Are you absolutely positive the CM-300 is designed to decode the unit ID when the emergency flag is appended to the data burst? It may not, I can't say with certainty... just throwing it out there.

RKG

Generally speaking, the MDC-1200 emergency function is intended to work with a dispatch console, which has the ability to decode the emergency word and also has the ability to send the emergency acknowledgment. An emergency configuration, therefore, should be worked out with the designer of your console.

In those instances in which it is desired that an emergency signal be decoded in the field, the usual approach is to install something like a Cimarron C-Plus-3 in a mobile command post type of installation.

You HT is re-sending the emergency because it is not receiving an acknowledgment. I don't know anything about your CM-300, but I'd be surprised if it was designed to recognize the emergency word MDC-1200 signal.

firefive76

Above responses are correct, a CM300 cannot decode an emergency button data packet.

Generally speaking, the MDC-1200 emergency function is intended to work with a dispatch console, which has the ability to decode the emergency word and also has the ability to send the emergency acknowledgment. An emergency configuration, therefore, should be worked out with the designer of your console.

In those instances in which it is desired that an emergency signal be decoded in the field, the usual approach is to install something like a Cimarron C-Plus-3 in a mobile command post type of installation.

You HT is re-sending the emergency because it is not receiving an acknowledgment. I don't know anything about your CM-300, but I'd be surprised if it was designed to recognize the emergency word MDC-1200 signal.

RodStrong

Relying on signalling decoding for firefighting with a cm300 is probably not the best idea. Unless you're just playing around, I think it would be more reasonable to go with a higher tier radio.

Last edited:

firefive76

Relying on signalling decoding for firefighting with a cm300 is probably not the best idea. Unless you're just playing around, I think it would be more reasonable to go with a higher tier radio.
Why? All of our apparatus have CM300's on them and we haven't had a bit of problem with them. They are compact, loud, and seem to work well. Not to mention, they cost several hundred less than an XTL or CDM.

RodStrong

Why? All of our apparatus have CM300's on them and we haven't had a bit of problem with them. They are compact, loud, and seem to work well. Not to mention, they cost several hundred less than an XTL or CDM.
Well I am glad that radio is apparently working out for your dept. As I mentioned, it is a low tier radio, and was not designed for public safety use, but rather for for business such as agriculture, retail, taxis, hopitality industry, etc. That being said, it certainly can be used for public safety.

brodied

Hello, Thank you all for the help. Teh CM-300 was a radio we were using for testing. Our fleet is a mix CDM-1250 radios and Radius M-1225. Switching to XPR-6550 from HT-1000 in the coming year.

I will try this on the CDM-1250, Thank you again for all your help.

Brodie

Status
Not open for further replies.