• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ht-1250 programing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
I've got the RIB box, RLN4008. The CPS, R06.00.09, and the cable... I have all my desired frequencies and tones assigned to Personal assignments 1-16 in the tree view, as well as each conventional personality assigned to conventional zone's 1-16, When I click write data to radio my HT says program, but a couple seconds later it beeps and says UNPROGRAMMED. Can anyone help me with this??? Thanks

BigLebowski

To clarify....

Personalities 1-16 have frequencies entered in them...

You have personalities 1-16 assigned to zone 1, channels 1-16?

Or you have Personality 1 in Zone 1, Personality 2 in zone 2, etc?

First verify that the channel selector knob is not sitting on a channel that doesn't have anything programmed to it, because the "UNPROGRAMMED" is usually what is seen when you have the knob sitting on a channel position that's not used in the radio.

motomeso

Feed Provider
Are you sure it isn't an HT1250LS+ ? Check in the conventional personality under the advanced tab to see if the option board box is checked off.

Also check in the Personality assignement zone to be sure the channels are in your selected zone. Worse case ZIP your codeplug and post it here and one of us can probably help you.

Iron Triangle Ohio... otherweise known as Fostoria
Re Ht1250

Thanks guys for all your support. I ended up figuring out the CPS... And have successfully loaded all 16 personalities. However I have ran into 2 issues.

1.Even when high power is selected the radio is not transmitting at full power. I can't even get it to access our repeater standing right out by the transmitter. Both the transmit and receive personalities are programed to the same PL. As well as the TX frequency 5.00mhz higher, as standard for all basic UHF repeaters. I have a Motorola CP-50.. Basically the same thing as an sp-50 with the allowance of programing via front panel, It has a signal strength indicator and when I key up my HT1250 it does not even show a full signal when I am holding the radio's in both hands. But receives just fine. Am I not using the right antenna? I even switched antennas from my other portables and get the same results, Or is there something I am missing in the CPS? I have high power selected for all channels I am transmitting on. I am looking at where the antenna screws in and it looks like it may take a different one, Because there is a hole where it looks like a point set's into. Please bare with me as I have never had one of these radio's before.

2. I am using software version R06.09.06, And have successfully loaded my data, however when I go through my menu and select software version it's still saying R02.00.01. My radio model is AAH25RDHDU6AN. It's the ht1250-LS. Thanks again for everyones replies. If I can't get this thing to work I guess I'll just have to put it up on ebay. There are no close motorola shops in my area otherweise I'd just have them look it over.

BigLebowski

Your software version in the radio menu is actually the firmware version.. and that is REALLY old. Current firmware is up to 05.13.xx now.

Status
Not open for further replies.