• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT 1250 Scan list question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brts96

Premium Subscriber
Recently, I was thinking about adding more scan lists to my radio.

Presently, there are eight zones, and eight scan lists. All channels are divided up by zones, but I'd like to be able to mix and match a few things into different scan lists.

So far, I succeeded in creating extra scan lists (9-16, for naming sake), but can't access them from any menu.

The way it's set up now will allow me to scan the zone "Home Area" when I'm in it, but not to access it if I'm in "Public Safety". Those zones also have scan lists that mirror them.

For example, I can't access "Marine Band", even though the scan list has been created, and loaded to the radio.

I know CPS will allow the creation of up to 16 zones and scan lists, but will they be tied together, or am I missing something?

Respectfully,
Brts96

N1GTL

Database Admin
A scan list must be assigned to a channel. You cannot for example put on police channels with a police scan list and choose to scan marine frequencies. You can create a zone and name each channel to a service, (ie. POLICE, FIRE, MARINE, etc) and assign the matching scan list to that channel.You'd just go to that "scan zone" for lack of a better term select the service you want to scan.

Brts96

Premium Subscriber
Ok, I think it makes sense. Let me make sure I've got it right.

For example, if I have Marine channel 16 assigned to Zone 3, and on the scan list for zone 3, I can't also have it on the scan list for zone 10, as well?

Is it possible to have one channel be a member of several scan lists?

I'm not opposed to creating a new list for each service, and even adding or rearranging zones , if needed.

There's also not a way to scroll through the scan lists other than changing to the zone I want to scan, correct?

All the zones are set up the same as the scan lists currently.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Ok, I think it makes sense. Let me make sure I've got it right.

For example, if I have Marine channel 16 assigned to Zone 3, and on the scan list for zone 3, I can't also have it on the scan list for zone 10, as well?

Is it possible to have one channel be a member of several scan lists?

I'm not opposed to creating a new list for each service, and even adding or rearranging zones , if needed.

There's also not a way to scroll through the scan lists other than changing to the zone I want to scan, correct?

All the zones are set up the same as the scan lists currently.

Yes, you can assign the same channel (personality) to multiple scan lists. Sorry if I misread your question.

No, you cannot just select a specific scan list. It is assigned to the channel in programming.

Brts96

Premium Subscriber
No problem, I may not have done a very good job with asking it. It's probably my fault, sorry for any confusion.

To make the lists work, I would have to create a zone that would mirror the scan list, correct?

Essentially, if Zone 5 is Public Safety, and Scan List 5 would be set up with the same channels as Zone 5, correct?

I was creating scan lists this way last night, and created a zone that corresponded to each list, but it didn't seem to scan the member channels that I wanted it to scan.

Thanks for the clarification on not being able to scroll through scan lists, I didn't think I could, but wanted to be sure. I appreciate the help.

crazyboy

No problem, I may not have done a very good job with asking it. It's probably my fault, sorry for any confusion.

To make the lists work, I would have to create a zone that would mirror the scan list, correct?

Essentially, if Zone 5 is Public Safety, and Scan List 5 would be set up with the same channels as Zone 5, correct?

I was creating scan lists this way last night, and created a zone that corresponded to each list, but it didn't seem to scan the member channels that I wanted it to scan.

Thanks for the clarification on not being able to scroll through scan lists, I didn't think I could, but wanted to be sure. I appreciate the help.

No, zones have nothing to do with scan lists. Zones are only to organize your personalities for accessibility via the radio controls. Create a scan list, enter each personality you want scanned in that list. Go to each personality and select which scan list you want scanned when you select scan while you have that personality selected on the radio.

Brts96

Premium Subscriber
I think I've got it now. I will check it when I get home tonight. That clarified a few things.

I know when I set up the conventional personalities, it has a space for which scan list for it to belong to, but I didn't know if I could select multiples in the personality settings.

Just figured it could only belong to one scan list in the personally properties. The scan lists themselves let me add the channels with no issues, which was why I was confused. Must have been looking right at the obvious.

Thanks for the help , everyone!
Respectfully,
Brts96

crazyboy

I think I've got it now. I will check it when I get home tonight. That clarified a few things.

I know when I set up the conventional personalities, it has a space for which scan list for it to belong to, but I didn't know if I could select multiples in the personality settings.

Just figured it could only belong to one scan list in the personally properties. The scan lists themselves let me add the channels with no issues, which was why I was confused. Must have been looking right at the obvious.

Thanks for the help , everyone!
Respectfully,
Brts96

Yes, that selection in personalty is what scan ls SCANNED when you turn on scan while the radio is on a zone/channel referencing that personality. What is actually scanned in the list is set in the scan lists.

Brts96

Premium Subscriber
Thanks much. Looks like the problem exists between the keyboard and chair. I'll make the adjustments when I get home tonight.

Thanks for the clarification, everyone, it was a big help. Sorry for my lack of clarity initially.

Respectfully,
Brts96

Brts96

Premium Subscriber
Just to close the loop, I thought I'd tell you that making the adjustments fixed the issue.

Thanks for the help, everyone! I appreciate it, and sorry that I missed the obvious.

Respectfully,
Brts96

Status
Not open for further replies.