• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT 1250 scanning questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonk1

I have a few questions about scanning on the HT 1250. As most of you probably know, there are eight zones you can have with up to 16 channels per zone. I have three zones: Police, Fire, EMS, and three scan lists in CPS for each of those zones. Say If I wanted to scan all the police channels and all the fire channels (which is in a different zone), can I scan more than one zone at a time? I would have put Police, Fire & EMS all in the same zone, but as I said before, I can only have 16 channels in one zone. I tried to see if scanning multiple zones at once were possible in CPS, but when I select a channel on "conventional personality," and go to the Scan tab, and It will only let me choose one list. Another question I have is that while a zone is being scanned, can I exclude specific channels from being scanned on that zone?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
No, you get 16 channels per scan list.
You can set a button for "scan list edit" and you can add/remove members in the scan list from the front panel (up to 16 members)

If you want more than 16 scan list members or you want to scan multiple zones, a Kenwood TK-7180 (VHF) or TK-8180 (UHF) will give you a lot more options. Motorolas are limited when it comes to scanning capability.

K2NEC

a Kenwood TK-7180 (VHF) or TK-8180 (UHF) will give you a lot more options.
I have a Kenwood mobile and I STILL haven't been able to figure out how scanning works on it lol. Personally I like the 1250 scan list style better but I agree that 16 channels is rather limiting. If it was more than 16 channels you would miss transmissions because it isn't as fast at scanning channels as a scanner is.

Status
Not open for further replies.