• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ht 1250 yellow case

Status
Not open for further replies.

svfd17

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.654 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/389)

Hi, does anyone know how hard it would be to put the yellow case that I see in refurb kits on the radio? Do you have to recase it or does it just slip over it?

svfd17

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.654 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/389)

Thanks for the quick response, just got a uhf ls+ and I love it, also got the audio adapter speaker mic and leather holster.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
It's a recase. You remove the black front housing and replace it with the yellow.

you have to be REAL CAREFUL when removing the old front cover UC flex. I damaged mine and had to replace the entire flex assembly. Since the radio has other issues, I buttoned it up and sent it to the depot for flat rate.

Ended up with a completely new radio:lol:, new uni-board, rear chassis, seals, front cover and display board and all.

If you aren't skilled at radio repair, I'd recommend you take it to a shop to do it. It is not a simple plastic swap, you have to transfer the display board, speaker and mic/UC flex assembly over too.

svfd17

Thanks for the heads up, I think I'll get it done professionally.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Does your case have the speaker flex assembly already inside or is it just case with no electronics?
If its just the case and no electronics its a good idea to let someone with experience do those.
if its a complete unit with all cables/ribbons then you might be able to do it your self..

Status
Not open for further replies.