Ht for work

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb6uqa

ht at work

I was a net control station for the maritime net during Katrina. One of our net controls in New Orleans pick up a young ham trapped in a classroom with others, no one knew they were there. They were in need of food for a baby with them. They were rescued thanks to nf5b. The young man had a ht with him.

bharvey2

Well he doesn't have an amateur radio badge or any indication that he holds an amateur radio license in his profile. Maybe it is just an oversight on his part. But if he does not hold an amateur radio license, then this conversation should stop right here.

Happy New Year!!

I went a long time without the Amateur Radio badge. I never really gave it much thought until someone pointed it out and explained how to obtain it. I suspect there are many others on the site that go "unlabeled" as well.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Well he doesn't have an amateur radio badge or any indication that he holds an amateur radio license in his profile
His callsign is in his signature: KR3LIM.

SCPD

QRT
(Smiling) :) CF ---> one of the 'Unlabeled"

.................problem with it...?? (laffing)

bharvey2

(Smiling) :) CF ---> one of the 'Unlabeled"

Nope, no problem with it whatsoever. As I mentioned earlier, I was a site member for quite a while before I had the badge added. I didn't even notice the icons until someone pointed them out to me and noted that I didn't have one despite my comments about being an amateur radio operator. But hey, if you don't have one, I'll still talk to ya.... :)

caldoran

If you want a cheap radio for work, get a Baofeng UV-82C. It is FCC Part 90 certified radio. If you use this ONLY for work then you do not need a Ham license to use. Be sure that your employer give permission. When you get your Ham ticket then you can use it for both.

SCPD

QRT
Originally Posted by Coyote-Frostbyte View Post
(Smiling) CF ---> one of the 'Unlabeled"

.....Bharvey (and others)... Hey Guys, I was just being a Smarty- nothing was meant by it at all. In this last election I was labeled a "Deplorable," might as well add "Unlabeled." to my ever growing list :)
................................................... CF

Last edited:

nd5y

I found out the hard way that if you add your callsign to your profile for the ham radio badge you can't get rid of it. I don't know what happens if you change callsigns.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
I found out the hard way that if you add your callsign to your profile for the ham radio badge you can't get rid of it. I don't know what happens if you change callsigns.
Not true.

Click on your badge. Then click on the EDIT MY PROFILE button. Clear your callsign and save changes. I know it works because I just cleared mine and will leave it clear for a short while.

You should be able to change your call sign in the same manner if you get a different one.

nd5y

Click on your badge. Then click on the EDIT MY PROFILE button. Clear your callsign and save changes.
That does not work for me. It just repopulates the callsign when I click on save changes. Maybe only premium subscribers can change it.

Last edited:

bharvey2

Originally Posted by Coyote-Frostbyte View Post
(Smiling) CF ---> one of the 'Unlabeled"

.....Bharvey (and others)... Hey Guys, I was just being a Smarty- nothing was meant by it at all. In this last election I was labeled a "Deplorable," might as well add "Unlabeled." to my ever growing list :)
................................................... CF

I suspected your post was meant to be tongue in cheek. No offense taken (Fret not, I'm pretty thick skinned) I really have to be given that I'm one of the "deplorables" smack in the middle of the San Francisco Bay Area.

Status
Not open for further replies.