• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ht1000 batteries and proper chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giddyuptd

Premium Subscriber
Greetings all,

For someone interested and wanting to give me information I'd gladly appreciate it.

I acquired 3 different chargers for the HT1000 Motorola.

I have read a few places on the RPX4747 is preferred over those older ones below as the internal technology is better and more modern. I plan to get that but these were freebies from a old ham so I figured I'd take what was offered.

I have read the doom stories of the NTN series batteries being left in the charger too long and being a issue and getting hot.

What I have is:
Two NTN1172A chargers
One NTN1174A charger

From what I can find the NTN1172A is a rapid charger while the NTN1174A is a slow charger.

Being these are old I couldn't find digging around user manuals to find the actual drop in time that is ideal for the battery, and safe.

I've seen different posts places on opinions which made me want to ask. I know at one point many, many years ago I knew but I never thought I'd need to think about it or use them again when newer radios came out.

The batteries I do have are two brand new IMAX NiMH AP-2000SH @ 7.2v 1300mah

which lists as compatible replacement of MOTOROLA NTN7143, NTN7143A, NTN7143B, NTN7143CR, NTN7143R, NTN7144, NTN7144A, NTN7144B, NTN7144CR as it listed.

Two IMAX NiCD AP-2000S @ 7.2v 1200mah (newer but used)

Two newer batteries with no label which was removed but was told has about 80 to 90 percent life still. (Wish they didn't remove the sticker with the info)

One JBRO JB 4013 NiMH @7.5v 2100mah (questionable life)

Other chargers I have are:

XTS series impress charger with version 3.40 firmware WPLN4114AR.

NTN7209A MODEL AA16740 charger, appears to be rapid with green and red indicator leds.

With given information which would be ideal to use on those batteries or compatible, best?

Also on the older NTN117 version chargers what is listed timing on charge from a fully depleted battery for rapid and the slow?

What also makes me ask is the JBRO battery was indicating it was low so I put it in the one rapid NTN1172A and within minutes it showed green. My first thought is the battery is at its end of times but one of the newer did same. Faulty charger?

I'd like to be proper and get what life I can out the of newer ones without using improper charger and any additional knowledge of those who used them and what you reccomend until I get the RPX4747.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.