• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1000 Programing with Ribless cable from ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdesigns

Guys I have a HT1000 that Im trying to program with a ribless cable from ebay, it's hook to my Serial port, I have never programmed this radio before and I was wondering what I'm doing wrong.

So far Radio is on and cable is plug in, when I tried to read data from the radio it waits a few seconds and then it says bad comunication or no power to the RIB cable, have anyone of you experience this before?

Any help will be apreciated

This is the cable I bought Programming cable for Motorola HT1000 MTS2000 MTX8000 - eBay (item 120490751703 end time Dec-08-09 17:09:06 PST)

I'm using Win XP , Software Version R03.03.00 , HT1000 UHF 16ch

RodStrong

So far Radio is on and cable is plug in, when I tried to read data from the radio it waits a few seconds and then it says bad comunication or no power to the RIB cable, have anyone of you experience this before?

This is the cable I bought Programming cable for Motorola HT1000 MTS2000 MTX8000 - eBay (item 120490751703 end time Dec-08-09 17:09:06 PST)

Do you have the right com port set up? Did you perform a com test prior to trying to read the radio?

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
I have a ribless for my GP300, have to hook up a battery to it though but i really thought HT1000's were generally programmed using CPS unless its able to be done on both RSS and CPS

Not sure if this would be much of a help, load up your RSS hit F9 which should say set up Computer configuration then F3 for PC Configuration, Drivers, Path, Ports, etc

Since you have the ribless cable, It should be COM1 by default....

Hopefully you made a folder in your harddrive for your Archives

C:\Equipos\MRSS\HT1000\ARCHIVOS something like that?

cdesigns

I have the com port 1 set for the serial cable, I also tried my usb cable and it didn't work, When I try to check test connection on the PC configuration menu the software tries to look for the radio for about 3-4 seconds and then gives me the same error, RIB cable malfunction, no rib cable power, Bad connection, etc etc

RodStrong

I would try doing a comm test on whatever ports it shows available. If that doesn't work, there could be many other issues. The battery could be nearly dead. Your computer could be too fast. You might try to run the program in DOS if at all possible. I've never ran a HT1000 software out of windows, so it might work, but I dunno.

Last edited:

RodStrong

Does the ribless cable have a battery in it?

No, I was referring to the radio battery. Sometimes, if the battery is nearly dead or sick, it could affect the connection. Not likely though, as long as you have enough sense to have it charged.

cdesigns

No, I was referring to the radio battery. Sometimes, if the battery is nearly dead or sick, it could affect the connection. Not likely though, as long as you have enough sense to have it charged.

radio battery is almost new, it might be my computer been to fast, is dual core 2.6ghz, 4gb ram, I believe there is a program that can slow the computer for running dos games, it might work for this, I will check and report :)

C138NC

Tactical Taco Consumer
Does the ribless cable have a battery in it?

some do come with battery connectors or Contacts.. head connectors or something. Yours doesnt require one at all the way it looks, I would think a Rib Box and the cable to connect to the Rib Box would work, Im glad what i have works but if i tried any other, I would unlikely brick my radio.

radio battery is almost new, it might be my computer been to fast, is dual core 2.6ghz, 4gb ram, I believe there is a program that can slow the computer for running dos games, it might work for this, I will check and report

Thats faster then my computer lol, Im trying to get my old dell laptop to be my programming computer but pretty soon its going to be married to a hammer...

wish it was easier to figure out how to make a Boot DOS other then using Windows DOS

KG4TEP

Same problem here. Did you ever find a cure ?
Thanks,
Jim

Guys I have a HT1000 that Im trying to program with a ribless cable from ebay, it's hook to my Serial port, I have never programmed this radio before and I was wondering what I'm doing wrong.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Same problem here. Did you ever find a cure ?
Thanks,
Jim

Are you running completely in DOS and not in Windows? Anything Windows running can mess things up like that. Also, this needs to be run on an older computer as the newer ones are too fast. I use an old Win 98 machine booted into pure DOS and that works fine with it.

SCPD

QRT
You do not need an old, slow computer. But, you absolutely must boot to DOS.

I program my HT1000s on a desktop with a 1.2 GHz AMD processor

Status
Not open for further replies.