• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1000 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know everyone is talking about how you need a really slow old computer to program an ht1000 radio, but can i use a bootable usb of dos and a newer computer to program it. I also got a ribless cable that had ht1000 listed but then someone told me that a ribless cable will not work for this radio and a rib box is absolutely un negotiably nessesary.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
The Ribless cable I use with my HT1000 works just fine...To program mine I use a older win98 laptop with moslow on it and just boot up in doss mode.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
The "ribless" cable actually has the RIB components built into one of the connectors so you're actually still using a RIB. I also use an old Win98 computer (PII, 350 MHz I'm pretty sure) booted into pure DOS and wouldn't try anything newer or faster. You run the risk of bricking the radio.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Your best bet is to try and find an older laptop anything with Win 98 and 95 you can reboot or boot up in true dos mode the computer I run is a Toshiba Portege 3015CT with a 266 Mhz processor and I also run Moslo on it as well to slow it done some.

njemt7212

or you can install freedos on your laptop/desktop...I can program my ht1000 just fine on my panasonic cf-29, intel centrino 1.6ghz , 1.5 gb ram. Im dual booting FreeDos and Windows XP....also using a "RIBless" cable from kawa

mancow

Database Admin
Or, format a USB stick with DOS and make it bootable. As long as your BIOS will boot from USB you can do it that way. I have a CF18 with XP and do all my DOS programming from a 1 Gig usb stick. It works just fine.

jman9895

ht1000 dell dimension

I use a 1gig usb stick with ht1000 and kenwood tk840 software on it. I made it bootable using a win98 boot disk. NOT ALL computers can do this, many of them can boot but cannot access the serial port. However, a dell dimension 3000 with motherboard A02 will do it perfectly. I have 2 of these I've bought specifically for programming these radios. I have a handfull of tk's and ht's and I use this for everything. The boot files I got from bootdisk.com I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.