• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
I was told that the HT1000 programming software only works in DOS. Is this accurate? Is there a way to get it to work in Windows?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Station51

Likely true.
GP300 HTs etc all require Motorola software to be run in the DOS mode.
There is a group that has a lot of info.
RadioDoctor @ yahoogroups.
Many software questions re Motorola and answers can be found there

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
Likely true.
Thank you

I was told that the HT1000 programming software only works in DOS. Is this accurate? Is there a way to get it to work in Windows?

Yes that's accurate, and no, it won't run in Windows. RSS such as that for the HT1000 not only requires an old machine running in DOS mode, but it also requires a true serial port; no USB to serial adapter.

Your best bet, and likely the least costly, is to run to a thrift store and pick up an old machine running something like Windows 95. These can usually be had for $30 or less, and will produce the best results for you.

Hope that helps.

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
Yes that's accurate, and no, it won't run in Windows. RSS such as that for the HT1000 not only requires an old machine running in DOS mode, but it also requires a true serial port; no USB to serial adapter.

Your best bet, and likely the least costly, is to run to a thrift store and pick up an old machine running something like Windows 95. These can usually be had for $30 or less, and will produce the best results for you.

Hope that helps.
Thank for the idea.

cmdrwill

Yes that's accurate, and no, it won't run in Windows. RSS such as that for the HT1000 not only requires an old machine running in DOS mode, but it also requires a true serial port; no USB to serial adapter. snip...

The later version(s) of licensed RSS have no timing problems on Pentium computers. But still requires DOS AND a REAL Serial port.

On my Dell with XP Pro, the computer can boot into DOS to run all the RSS. It also has a real serial port..

And correct RSS does not work with USB.

There are "rib less" serial cables that work with HT1000 and other Jedi series radios.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Likely true.
That is a very inaccurate blanket statement. HT1000, HT600, etc use DOS RSS. HT750, HT1250 and HT1550 are examples which require CPS (Windows).

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

12dbsinad

That is a very inaccurate blanket statement. HT1000, HT600, etc use DOS RSS. HT750, HT1250 and HT1550 are examples which require CPS (Windows).

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I think he meant GP300 era radios including the HT1000. I don't see any mention of the newer waris series radios.

Mattkuhar

I just programmed a few OLD radios last night, Using DOSBox, and a Keyspan USA-19HS USB to Serial adapter. works fine for me, just dial down the CPU cycles in DOSBox and you should be fine.

Rred

will-
"On my Dell with XP Pro, the computer can boot into DOS to run all the RSS. "
Are you saying your Dell has a dual boot system installed, with DOS and XP?
Or that you can run the RSS software from the DOS emulator that is included in XP?

(XP is NT 5.1, there is no DOS in it or under it, unlike Win9x versions, which could shell out and reboot in a real DIS environment, because they were just "DOS-based" OSes to begin with.)

And which version of the RSS is that? I'd heard the final one (3.x?) did better at this business of running under dos-not-dos.

cmdrwill

My Dell is set up for dual boot. Win XP Pro or REAL DOS. Two different operating systems on two different partitions on the hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.