• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 Bandsplit Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
OK, guys, here's one for you.

I read on another forum (not at RR) that there is a way to change the bandsplit of HT1250 radios from the keypad. No other details given. I have NEVER heard of this, and truthfully, I think the poster is full of sheep dip.

But....if anybody HAS heard of this, in the immortal words of Ricky Ricardo, " 'Splain it to me, Lucy!"

Larry

SD70MAC

band

No way to do that. The only band split "hack" that works is on a HT1550XLS ,you have to hex edit it some how. I had a friend who had one 450-512 and it would go to 440-512 FPP . Now ,with Labtool you can make 450-512 a 403.-470. Their is a problem doing this #1 the model # is wrong and #2 50% of them will not tune to 403-470,they transmit fine but the RX is horrible.

XTS3000

Any Waris radio can be taken out of band - you just have to know how to do it. No lab tools needed what so ever - just a bit of CPS modding. Waris OOB is an elite hack currently, so nobody wants to release the "how to". Sooner or later it will leak public.

Labtool to dump a different band codeplug = bad idea IMHO

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
Bandsplit Hack

I sort of figured as much. That would have been way too easy.

I have done the hack to the 1550LS, and that was extremely easy to do with NO hex editing.

Larry

ffilk

waris out of band

Hi,
a previous post by "xts3000" mentioned a CPS mod to go out of band. I have a GM328 that just needs to go a bit under 450MHz. it is 450-512 bandsplit.

QUOTE Any Waris radio can be taken out of band - you just have to know how to do it. No lab tools needed what so ever - just a bit of CPS modding. Waris OOB is an elite hack currently, so nobody wants to release the "how to". Sooner or later it will leak public. END QUOTE

I'm quite happy to take all responsibility and risks.

How do I do it?

ButlerAlerts

I know im starting an old thread, but I have a HT1250: 403-470 and I want to listen to my fire and PD response channels that are 472 MHz. DO you think i can do this somehow.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
If you do it properly, many people have reported great success. Heed the advice about saving a good codeplug beforehand though, so as to have a known good setup to go back to should you mess something up.

ButlerAlerts

Yeah, I learned my lesson with my iPhone about backing up before messing with it.

Now, I am going to be honest. I am new to programming these more expensive radios. I have CPS, and everything, but what exactly is a code plug? Is that a firmware file, or is that the configuration file?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Now, I am going to be honest. I am new to programming these more expensive radios. I have CPS, and everything, but what exactly is a code plug? Is that a firmware file, or is that the configuration file?
I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but if you are asking about hacking CPS software and you do not yet know what a codeplug is, you've got your cart way ahead of the horse.

You really need to learn the basics first before attempting to modify sophisticated software. On top of that, modifying .exe files takes some proficiency with a hex editor and some decent understanding of managing files on a computer which it sounds like you don't have yet.

Please do yourself a huge favor and read everything you can find about programming the Professional Series of radios. That includes the HT750, 1250, & 1550 plus the CDM750, 1250, &1550. They all use the same CPS so any programming info about any one of the is generally good for all of them unless the particular radio doesn't have a specific feature. Read here and over on the BatBoard. Check the BatLabs section on the Pro Series, too.

I have a large book full of hints, tips, and how-to's on the Pro Series, and another one on the Commercial Series. It took me nearly 3 years to gather these things, and I am still adding new info every now and then. Almost all of that info is there for the reading right now here and over on the batboard. All you need to do is use the Search function.

All that said, I am not unwilling to answer your questions about programming the 1250. A codeplug is the computer file that resides in the memory of the radio and gives it all the info it needs to do what you require. All the personality, scan, pl, programmable buttons, etc. info is contained in the codeplug. When you read the radio with the CPS, you are pulling the codeplug into the software so you can examine it and modify it as needed. When you are ready to give the radio it's new instructions, you write the codeplug into the radio. And you always save the current codeplug file to your computer or other memory device. You also always save the codeplug that was in the radio when you first got it. That way, if there's a problem somewhere down the line, you can always load up the original and shoot it back into the radio.

I think you also need to re-read RR's rules on acquiring computer programming software, particularly Motorola CPS. There's a sticky at the top of this sub-forum on that. One of your previous posts in this thread is dangerously close to the line and you need to think about whether or not it's a good idea to cross that line.

Now, you can tell me to stuff it, but consider that enough folks here in the Motorola sub-forum know me pretty well by know and they know that my information, opinions, and ideas are darned solid. You are being offered a sincere helping hand here.

ButlerAlerts

Like I thought, it's the configuration file already programmed currently into my HT1250. I have an old copy of 06.12.02 on my older laptop, and I found all the correct hexs I needed to edit.

When my new USBProgramming cable comes in, I'll give it a try.

SCPD

QRT
Out of band

Whenever I read a post asking how do I hack my radio to another bandsplit, the first thing I think is:
"Why not sell that radio, and buy the right one?"
Why hack the radio and take the chance of making it a brick?
Whatever you get for the old radio should pay for the right radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.