HT1250 Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I just bought a new HT1250 VHF. Anyone know why it might be beeping when I turn it on? It doesn't do it all the time, but if I push a button or change channels it stops.

Motorola doesn't seem to have support on its website.

Thanks,
K2NNJ

hulka

I would say the same thing too. It is the self test beep telling you that the radio is on and functional.

SLWilson

Ex600

K2NNJ said:
I just bought a new HT1250 VHF. Anyone know why it might be beeping when I turn it on? It doesn't do it all the time, but if I push a button or change channels it stops.
Motorola doesn't seem to have support on its website.
Thanks,
K2NNJ

I have a Motorola EX600 (UHF) that does the same "funny thing" when I power it on. It starts beeping and won't quit until I either turn it off & turn it back on, change channels OR transmit on it. Don't know WHY it is happening either. They've checked the programming and don't see anything "checled" that is possibly causing it either.....I just live with it. Other than that, it's a great radio. Steve/Gallia :confused:

mburckley

I have programmed the HT1250 alot, i own one and the paramedic project I work at has them too, it is a Firmware problem which motorola fixed in latter versions, mine was fixed after a trip to the motorola repair depot.

SCPD

QRT
My other HT1250 has the same firmware R05.09.06 and it doesn't beep, but it just came back from a Motorola Refurb. Very Strange to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.