• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250/CDM1250 MDC question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Yes you can. You need to enable DOS muting. Data Operated Squelch like the gentlemen mentioned in the video.

ryan81986

Alright, where do I enable it? Or do I adjust the DOS auto mute duration? It is currently set at 500.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I'm brain fading at this late hour. When I get the CPS open in front of me I'll find it. I just can't remember exactly where it is off the top of my head. I have 3 CDM's, its a standard option.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Well it looks like there is no option to turn off the DOS muting at least on the CDM code plugs I'm looking at. When you select an MDC signaling system for a personality it's enabled. Either that or I'm missing it somewhere. I haven't messed around with MDC call lists but I don't see anywhere in there to enable/disable DOS muting either.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

My CDMs and HTs are set up to do the standard MDC tone when you transmit that is in this video at 0:10
HT1250 MDC Call Test - YouTube

And I was wondering if there is a way to change it to the tone that you hear in this video at 0:14 on an XTS5000
XTS5000 Signalling - YouTube

Thanks

Ha the video with the 1250 is mine, I was sending a call alert that's why there is a tone when I keyed up. There is an option to turn dos off you would have to go under the mdc system you want to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.