• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 DTMF Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstDue5

I got an HT1250, Got all my department channels programmed up, but I can't seem to figure out how to program in DTMF signaling. We use DTMF tones for our department to alert the stations, and I want to set it up to go off when one station gets toned out, I see there is two types of DTMF "signaling" in the CPS, actual DTMF signaling, and then DTMF call. Which one do I use to get a call alert on a channel?

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
Just confirm that the department uses dtmf tones not the 2 tone system. I thought dtmf were typically used to unlock Knox boxes and set off notification sirens.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
Based on what I have done with 2 tone signaling, call should be silent until alerted the other will should stay open and alert as well.

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
Those are dtmf tones....what happens in the station when these are transmitted?

FirstDue5

Those are dtmf tones....what happens in the station when these are transmitted?

Well the station radio (CDM1250's) Picks it up, and it is hooked to a PA system in the station and an alert tone is translated. They have it rigged pretty good to the point I really do not understand. There is an amplifier, and then a switch box where you can switch from "day" or "night" mode. The portables are also Ht1250's and when you turn that on "night" It'll beep and open up like the station radio does. I just need help figuring out how to program that.

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
I would try to read the portables at the station. That'll tell you how they have it looks programmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.