• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 not transmitting on repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing has changed in programming that I know of and I am unable to transmit on repeaters on several channels. Its like it just stopped working. It does transmit just fine on channels that do not use a repeater. Any ideas?

kma371

QRT
Is your ABC toggle different than what it normally is? That sometimes switches from talk around to repeater mode. Try that.

Devilz311

Is your ABC toggle different than what it normally is?

I think you mixed up portables, there's no ABC switch on the 1250.

OP:
It is still possible it's in talkaround. On the channels you are experiencing problems with, is the talkaround icon in the display? It is the one right about the LCD clock.

17774d1221879659-motorola-ht1250-vhf-136-174mhz-dsc00551.jpg

It may be an option in the menu, or it may have been assigned to one of the programmable buttons.

It is not in talk around when im attempting to hit the repeater. I have programmed one of the side buttons to flip to talk around and the symbol shows up and it transmits just fine, flip back to the repeater and nothing.

jim202

Put it on a service monitor and see if it is sending the PL. Most repeaters require a CTCSS tone to trip the repeater. No tone being sent, no repeater being accessed.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
How far away from the other units are you when in talkaround? If you're real close, then maybe the PA is on its way out so it still TX but not far (i.e. not enough to hit the repeater). If you're still talking over a long distance, then I don't know. Any MSS will have a service monitor so it may have to go to them.

How far away from the other units are you when in talkaround? If you're real close, then maybe the PA is on its way out so it still TX but not far (i.e. not enough to hit the repeater). If you're still talking over a long distance, then I don't know. Any MSS will have a service monitor so it may have to go to them.

At the longest on talk around would be about 100ft. I will try contacting dispatch on talk around and see if they can hear me on my next shift.

mm

Ask them if they changed to narrowband also, if your radio was not previously set to NarrowBand and the repeater now is, then this could cause a problem.

kma371

QRT
If this is a "work" radio, why don't you let your radio tech know there is a problem and let them fix it? There may be contract issue if you attempt to fix it yourself.

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
And if it isnt a work radio, follow these steps for programming a radio to work on a system:
1) Make sure your TX/RX freq's are correct (they are not the same on most repeaters)
2) Make sure the proper spacing is selected (25/12.5khz)
3) Is the repeater using DCS/PL? They have to be the same in the radio (TX and RX might have different connect tones.)
4) Are you allowed to have a radio on this system? IE, is this a personal radio? If it is, you should get permission to operate on it.

And if it isnt a work radio, follow these steps for programming a radio to work on a system:
1) Make sure your TX/RX freq's are correct (they are not the same on most repeaters)
2) Make sure the proper spacing is selected (25/12.5khz)
3) Is the repeater using DCS/PL? They have to be the same in the radio (TX and RX might have different connect tones.)
4) Are you allowed to have a radio on this system? IE, is this a personal radio? If it is, you should get permission to operate on it.

Its a personal radio used with my Fire Dept. All info in those steps are correct. I will talk with my chief to see if he can get it fixed. We are getting ready to switch to digital not too long from now so not sure if its worth fixing. If I send it to a dealer how much do you think it would cost?

cifd64

Premium Subscriber
Its a personal radio used with my Fire Dept. All info in those steps are correct. I will talk with my chief to see if he can get it fixed. We are getting ready to switch to digital not too long from now so not sure if its worth fixing. If I send it to a dealer how much do you think it would cost?

Unless you know the dealer personally, he/she may not program it to TX unless your chief OK's it (that has been my experience).

As far as worth fixing, thats your call. If the entire area is going P25, then no.

If it is truely broken and needs repair...If you send it to a Motorola shop, the cost will be more than the radio is worth. I had an estimate of like $600 to repair a $5 part on a HT1250.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Possible, but it's hard to tell without actually seeing the radio in person or on a service monitor.

radionerd13669

Useless Contributor
What were your results when you tried talking on simplex. Do you use this radio on any other channels other than the repeaters? What are your results with that

In one of your post above you said that you programmed the radio? If that's the case even though you say its 100% percent correct I would double check most of the times these issues are from not programming the radio properly

If it does truly have an issue I would say no it isn't worth repairing most time the cost could by you a new radio

2009KVFD976

Im having issues with mine not sending out MDC1200 on any of the 5 fireground channels i have. They are all simplex with same PL tones on both TX/RX freqs. Also there are 4 state channels with same TX/RX and no PL with same result. But i have a simplex channel, same TX/RX freq with NO PL and it sends the MDC.. Is there anything i can do to correct this?? Ive tried switching T/A on and off but nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.