• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ht1250 Program Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxbryantd

I need help with my ht1250 VHF radio. Im using a programming usb I found on ebay, and purchased CPS R06.12.05 programming. Im able to read info from the radio using ComTool.exe which displays all my radio info. See attachment. I select come port, and click read radio. This message shows up "Couldnt open port. Check whether device/rib are powered on or not, and device to rib, and the rib to pc connection is ok'

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

clbsquared

What cable are you using? Motorola CPS will not play nice with some of the off brand cables. Especially prolific.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

xxbryantd

What cable are you using? Motorola CPS will not play nice with some of the off brand cables. Especially prolific.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

Think my would be an off brand. How do I know which cable will work with cps?

paramedicqc

Premium Subscriber
Personnaly I own a Prolific Cable and don't have any issue with it. I have a fleet of 32 HT1250LS+ and I programmed all of the with the same cable. Take a look carefully if the driver is the good one for you cable. Then open your Device Manager from the control panel and under USB or COM port look at which port your Prolific-to-USB is. I.e. COM4. Then go back in CPS and when you click on read, select the good port. If this still not work, your cable is maybe dead. I had to open a claim on ebay for a cdm1550 usb programming cable. The seller ship me a new one (same model and everything) and when I'd plug it everything was fine. If you need more advanced support you can contact me by private messaging

Sent from my Pixel XL with Tapatalk Pro

clbsquared

Think my would be an off brand. How do I know which cable will work with cps?

If you do as paramedicqc suggested, you should be able to resolve the issue. It's important to make sure the right driver is installed and also match the com port the cable is assigned to in the computer to the com port that CPS is set to use.

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
If its the PL2303 driver, I tried to uninstall completely and reinstall current updated driver.
Are you running Windows 10? If so, you need to rollback your Prolific driver to version 3.2.x.x.

Win 10 always wants to install the newest drivers for any device. The newer Prolific drivers detect cloned chips and won't run them. Any version 3.2.x.x driver doesn't do that. There are several previous threads about this with much greater detail and specific instructions.

It's not a Motorola problem, and it's sort of not a cable problem. It's the combination of a cloned Prolific chip and Windows 10. Any cable of any kind that uses a cloned Prolific chip will have this problem under Win 10.

paramedicqc

Premium Subscriber
Or you can also run a virtual machine under win XP to avoid any compatibility problems

Sent from my Pixel XL with Tapatalk Pro

xxbryantd

Are you running Windows 10? If so, you need to rollback your Prolific driver to version 3.2.x.x.

Win 10 always wants to install the newest drivers for any device. The newer Prolific drivers detect cloned chips and won't run them. Any version 3.2.x.x driver doesn't do that. There are several previous threads about this with much greater detail and specific instructions.

It's not a Motorola problem, and it's sort of not a cable problem. It's the combination of a cloned Prolific chip and Windows 10. Any cable of any kind that uses a cloned Prolific chip will have this problem under Win 10.

This did it for me! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.