• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 Quick Call-Alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfab

In the CPS for the HT1250, in the "signaling config" menu, under the "call tone tag", there are options for 7 alerts. Are these 7 different audible alerts the radio will sound when a there is a tone and the radio un-mutes? If so, is there a way to hear what each alert sounds like so I can choose the one I want?

Thanks!

Magnetsteve

In the CPS for the HT1250, in the "signaling config" menu, under the "call tone tag", there are options for 7 alerts. Are these 7 different audible alerts the radio will sound when a there is a tone and the radio un-mutes? If so, is there a way to hear what each alert sounds like so I can choose the one I want?

Thanks!

Yes, as long as that option is selected in CPS where the user can configure it (I think, not really sure about the CPS part). But on my HT1250, you go to: Menu > Audio/Tones > Call Tone Tag. Then select which alert you want to edit (Call Alert or Selective Call) and from there you can hear and select the tone you want. I have a "pager" channel in my radio, when it is on that channel, it is silent until a the tone is recieved and then unmutes and alerts.

Hope this helps!

jfab

Yes, as long as that option is selected in CPS where the user can configure it (I think, not really sure about the CPS part). But on my HT1250, you go to: Menu > Audio/Tones > Call Tone Tag. Then select which alert you want to edit (Call Alert or Selective Call) and from there you can hear and select the tone you want. I have a "pager" channel in my radio, when it is on that channel, it is silent until a the tone is recieved and then unmutes and alerts.

Hope this helps!

That definitely helps. I've programmed quick call into an HT1000 before but this will be my first time with the 1250. Anything I should know that might be different than the 1000?

Thank you very much for your help!

ocfd1205

Call Alert

Along this same topic, just purchased the software and cable in order to program the ht1250s and pr860s for new channels and the upcoming narrowband switch.

We use two different handhelds, PR860 and HT1250. Both have qc2 i know. I just started into learning the software and would like to know if there is a way to set these up so there is a night mode where the radio is on, you don't hear all the other dispatch traffic but will alert when the two tones are received like a pager. Our dispatch dispatches 8 different departments on one main dispatch freq.

When we had out new base radio programmed, on channel 16 for instance we named it "night mode" and when on that channel, you here nothing unless it receives our tones.

Sorry if I sound redundant but the radio shop we had been using previously couldn't comprehend what we wanted to do or didn't know how.

Thanks,

Steve

RKG

Yes.

In essence, you program your "night alert" channel (we call it "Alert 1") for SelCall, using "AND" signalling unsquelch (which keeps out regular dispatch traffic), and auto reset w/carrier, with the reset timer set for something like 120 seconds. Scan has to be disabled on this channel (as scan interferes with QC timing.)

Radio remains quiet until it receives either its individual 2-tone sequence or a valid group tone sequence. At that point, audio opens and remains open until 120-second timer expires, with timer being reset on any dispatch within that time. User is supposed to switch to F1 before the timer expires to hear whatever he needs to hear.

ocfd1205

Awesome! Worked like a charm. Can't believe the radio shop didn't know that, hence why they lost our business. I knew they could, the ht1000s we used to use were setup like that i believe.

Thanks a ton!

2009KVFD976

Is there a way to have QCII work while its in scan mode?? And when its done with the call go back to scan mode automatically. I have all the settings where they need to be but if its scanning and we get paged out, i cant get it to tone out. And when it does, it stays on "call received"

RKG

Is there a way to have QCII work while its in scan mode?? And when its done with the call go back to scan mode automatically. I have all the settings where they need to be but if its scanning and we get paged out, i cant get it to tone out. And when it does, it stays on "call received"

1) Using scan to receive a QC-accessed channel is a crap shoot. If the tones start when your radio is one channel below the QC channel (so that it has to go through the whole scan list before it starts listening to the QC channel), it will "enter" the channel in the middle of the first tone and the timing is likely to be off. QC tone "decoding" involves not only the tone frequencies, but also the length of the tone and the length of the inter-tone delay (if any).

2) Assuming you are using the Sel Call function, once the tones are decoded the radio holds the channel (in what M sometimes calls "Monitor Mode") until the channel is "reset." Resetting used to be manual only, but some models have an "Auto Re-Set" function, which is basically just a timer. Once the timer runs out, the QC channel is "re-set" (i.e., goes back into silent mode and, presumably, triggers a "resume scan" state if the radio is scanning, though I can't be sure of last since I would never program a radio to be scan capable while selected on a QC channel).

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Well one thing I would do is have the radio parked on the quick call channel and have the scan list set to selected channel is first in the scan list and have selected channel as the priority 1 channel if that makes sense

RKG

Well one thing I would do is have the radio parked on the quick call channel and have the scan list set to selected channel is first in the scan list and have selected channel as the priority 1 channel if that makes sense

You could do that, and it would reduce the number of missed tone decodes. It would not eliminate them.

2009KVFD976

Yes. I leave it on our fire channel when it scanning. Every now and then i change to a different channel and scan the rest. It sometimes catches the tones and it goes off. (I guess i got lucky those times)

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
It is possible that setting your scan for priority may block the non-priority channel from ever decoding tones. When the radio lands on an non-priority channel and begins to listen to tones, it will sample back to the priority channel several times during the tone transmission period. These interruptions may be enough to prevent the decoder from recognizing your tones and triggering the alert.

I have a number of Minitor V's set up for non-priority scan in both monitor and silent modes. They seem to be working well and I have not received any complaints of missed calls from the users.

I am setting up CP200XLS portables with this option as well, but again, not with priority scan

We've found that this whole idea only works in situations where the radio channels are fairly quiet. The busier that one or both of channels become, the more opportunity for the scan to land on the wrong channel at the wrong moment.

2009KVFD976

I have our fire channel set as priority 1. It opens up sometimes while its scanning. But as far as auto reset... I havent seen it on the rss we have but no big deal.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I'd set selected channel as priority 1 and set scan list member two has priority channel two.

Status
Not open for further replies.