• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 QUIK-CALL-II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jl942264

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
I've seen a lot of posts regarding receiving and decoding Quik-Call-II tones, my question is can the HT1250 transmit Quik-Call-II?
I've created a Quik-Call-II personality and assigned it to the TX signaling in a channel, and it does nothing. Am I missing something? I know you can create a Radio Check selective call and signal 2 tones and I've done that sucessfully, however, I've never been able to transmit my Quik-Call-II personality only Selective call.

Thanks all, and stay healthy!

K2NEC

The only way I have been able to get it to work is through the menu and selective call. I'm not entirely sure why QC is selected for TX if it doesn't transmit the QC tones but maybe if I play around with it I can find out.

a417

Yes, have selective calling enabled in the menu, have a valid QC II call set up under signalling, and access it via the menu -->selective call. You will select the QCII system and key the radio IIRC, it will then transmit the tones over the air. It will flash CALL SENT after completion. (that's off 10 y/o memory, but it's close.) I think under Signalling in the CPS you had to have Encode --> Call Alert checked, too.

The TX signalling you are playing with is for MDC-#/DTMF-# and the like, where it decides which signalling ID & protocol you will send out with each key up, Usually it's on MDC for transmitting the MDC ID of the unit (or whatever the system you are using, if any). You can leave it to NONE for testing, but it's no the TX signaling you think you need for sending QCII calls.

If you need I can see if the baseme...ahem, historical archives..have a working 1250 and a battery, and I'll fire up Lucille in the morning to verify all that stuff. she takes about an hour to boot, so i'll get back to you in the AM.

Jl942264

Premium Subscriber
Yes, have selective calling enabled in the menu, have a valid QC II call set up under signalling, and access it via the menu -->selective call. You will select the QCII system and key the radio IIRC, it will then transmit the tones over the air. It will flash CALL SENT after completion. (that's off 10 y/o memory, but it's close.) I think under Signalling in the CPS you had to have Encode --> Call Alert checked, too.

The TX signalling you are playing with is for MDC-#/DTMF-# and the like, where it decides which signalling ID & protocol you will send out with each key up, Usually it's on MDC for transmitting the MDC ID of the unit (or whatever the system you are using, if any). You can leave it to NONE for testing, but it's no the TX signaling you think you need for sending QCII calls.

If you need I can see if the baseme...ahem, historical archives..have a working 1250 and a battery, and I'll fire up Lucille in the morning to verify all that stuff. she takes about an hour to boot, so i'll get back to you in the AM.
I just tried this, if you could send me that historical artifact I MEAN codeplug it’d be appreciated

a417

All I can find is a 1250LS+ (7AN), model what do you have?

a417

Just a regular 1250 if you can send me screenshots on how to make it work I can figure it out
Ok I'll get on it tonight...that section of the CPS isn't any different between the versions.

a417

Ok.

Lucille lives, and so did the battery-deleted 1250LS+.

1. Signaling -> Signaling Configuration -> Encode -> Call Alert & Sel Cal (both checked)
    1. Quik-Call II System 1
      1. Basic -> (choose call format), PTT Sidetone (checked - short if you also want)
      2. Call Alert/Sel Call -> Call Alert w/ Voice - Call Alert LED & Alert Tone AutoReset (both checked)
      3. Call Alert/Sel Call -> Auto Reset Timer Type - Auto w/ Carrier Override
      4. Individual ID Tones -> (select your tone set)
  2. Call
    1. Quik-Call II Call
      1. Basic -> (give it a name)
      2. Basic -> Quik-Call II System I (this will be adjustable only if you enabled more QCII systems in the signaling sections above)
      3. Basic -> Revert -> Personality = No Revert
      4. Format -> Call Format -> Two Tone
      5. Format (Tones A & B to match whatever you set up in signaling)
  3. Conventional Personality (whatever #)
    1. Set up channel you need
      1. Signaling
        1. Rx - Rx System -> Quik-Call-1 (to match above system)
        2. Rx - Signaling Squelch -> (AND to require QC-II tone set AND PL/DPL set up in personality (no traffic until valid QC-II recieved) / OR to allow PL/DPL (normal trafic on channel) AND QC-II alert decoding (alert noise))
  4. Controls & Menus
    1. Menu Items
      1. Top Level Menu -> Radio Call (checked)
      2. Radio Call Sub-Menu -> Call Alert (checked)
Write the radio, power on.

Menu Button -> Radio Call -> Call Alert (make choice - LED goes orange) -> PTT ( LED goes RED, radio TX's tone set)
Any radio within range, properly programmed should recieve that QC-II call.

Status
Not open for further replies.