• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 Repair Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

medic712

I am trying to replace the battery connector to the main board of my ht1250...can anyone in the group give me a step by step on the proper way to do this please. Thanks

CommJunkie

Have you tried the board on batlabs? The people there are pretty savvy when it comes to that stuff.

WX9EMS

I can't say for certain, but I am betting that a hot-air reflow station or a soldering iron (better than Radio Shack's best) are required along with ESD precautions. The service manual does not go into detail on how to remove and install the battery contact module, so I imagine that it is a pretty straight forward operation.

I would only recommend that you do this if you are confident enough in your abilities and have proper equipment to carry out this task, otherwise it would be wise to send it to someone who can.

trlrdrdave

Been there done that. It is a booger. If you send one back they just replace the board. But thats abouut all they do now anyways. It can be done but its not easy at all. It takes a lot of heat and is really hard to do with out screwing up the new part.

spanz

I do them with a hot air gun, it's a bit fiddly to do but being careful with the heat you can heat one at a time (just about) and take them off and reflow some replacement contacts in the same way, adding a little solder and flux to reflow. Careful refitting as the heatgun can blow them off just again.

The older lighter green coloured leaded solder boards are much easier to do these repairs than the leadfree blue (-pb) boards

Status
Not open for further replies.