• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1250 Signaling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laxplurr06

I stopped in at my local FD/PD yesterday, and I noticed that in the dispatch room there was a little screen that told who was talking on the radio. I know that they use the Motorola HT1250 and CDM1250. I was wondering if there was anyway to have this at my house or at least on my HT1250. Does anyone know how to do this? I was also wondering if anyone knew how to program it, so that I could transmit my name or call sign.

bezking

I would bet cash that they are using MDC-1200. Just turn on MDC ID Display in the MDC Personality and you will be good to go.

Laxplurr06

I am assuming this would have to be done from the software is this correct? I don't currently have a cable to program the radio I have to order another one from Motorola. I just got this radio a couple weeks ago still trying to figure stuff out.

bezking

Yes, it would be in the CPS software. Unfortunately I don't have access to it right now, so I can't tell you exactly where to look, maybe someone else who has ready access can...

bezking

In terms of transmitting an ID, you can only send a 4-digit number as your ID. It would be up to other users to add your name and ID to an alias table (also found in CPS) so your name or callsign would appear on the display

HTH

gary123

No if you have Call decode tured on then the 4 digit id will show up. If you log the ids you can then assign the ailas as you identify the id number to the users.

bezking

What about them? They are used for PCs. If you are looking for an out of the box basic MDC decoder for the PC, check out Antistatic WinMDCD. You will need to hook a radio up to the PC in order for it to work.

Laxplurr06

Thanks, I wanted to run a program like this so that i could get both FD and PD. My band split only allows me to listen to fire because i use it for ham radio. I also want to program it into my HT1250 so I can listen while I am mobile.

Nivrat

more details please......

Hello All,

I stumbled onto this site while trying to find an answer to this very same problem. I am a Vol FF and EMT trying to use the "Caller ID" type feature on my two HT 1250 portables.

No if you have Call decode tured on then the 4 digit id will show up. If you log the ids you can then assign the ailas as you identify the id number to the users.

I have two HT 1250s, (one is the full keyboard) and I can't get the "identifier" to work on either one. I have the CPS software, and all cables. I have made many changes through the software and I have decode turned on in the CPS software, (and yes I wrote that to the radio) so now what? Where do I add the database of users to identify? Log the IDs, I suppose only after I get them to show up??

Thanks for you help, and if ya don't mind I would like to hang around and read up a little more!
-Nivrat

fireman305

Ht1250

once you open the software , go to signalling , from there you can use the mdc signalling , type in your id or whatever you want to show up on other radios. then you will need to click the radio chanel you want to use. under signalling you can add the mdc to recieve other radio id's and /or transmit your own id to others

tn_medic_533

If you're wanting to put names with the ID numbers, you need to go into the Call section of the CPS and click on the MDC Call. From there you need to enter the alias (which is the persons name, call number, etc.), what signaling system it will use (MDC 1, 2, 3, 4), the revert personality (what channel it will transmit on) which I personally don't recommend doing because you will be able to actually set that person's radio as if it was being paged. Then go to the ID tag at the top and make sure the individual is what is being shown on the left. Put in the person's ID number in the individual ID place and write it to the radio. What will happen with that is every time that ID is decoded on your radio, you will see what ever you entered for the alias displayed across the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.