• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1550 CPS password lock - unable to read or overwrite current code plug......

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBLOCK

I am trying to program a used HT1550 that I recently purchased. When I try to read the radio in the CPS, a password prompt appears asking for a password which I do not have and the previous owner is still trying to obtain it.

I tried to overwrite the current code plug with my non-enabled (same model) code plug from a previous HT1550 and it still prompts for a password when trying to write. I know with the HT1250 models you can overwrite the password enabled code plug with a non-password enabled code plug simply by overwriting it but it does not appear to be working with the HT1550.

These radios use the same software and are from the same waris series line from Moto so I thought the overwrite feature should work on all. Any ideas......

SD70MAC

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROID BIONIC 4G Build/5.5.1_84_DBN-71) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

You will have to hack the CPS its fairly easy. You do it with a hex editor, but each CPS version is in a different place. Look on Batlabs form.

SD70MAC

edit

Here is the location using XVI32 hex editor and its free download.Open the ProRadio.exe in the editor ,then got to the tab at the top that is ADDRESS(using hexdecimal) type in the 24DDC9 and it will take you to it.

CPS 6.12.02
24DDC9 change 74 to EB and save

Attachments

• 6.12.02 edit password.jpg
    6.12.02 edit password.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 3,548

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Here is the location using XVI32 hex editor and its free download.Open the ProRadio.exe in the editor ,then got to the tab at the top that is ADDRESS(using hexdecimal) type in the 24DDC9 and it will take you to it.

CPS 6.12.02

Can you tell me what the address and change from/to would be for CPS R06.12.05? (The most current version of the Pro Series.)

Thanks so much.

SD70MAC

Can you tell me what the address and change from/to would be for CPS R06.12.05? (The most current version of the Pro Series.)

Thanks so much.

I have not played around with that one yet,sorry.... You should be able to install the 6.12.02 on the computer along with the 6.12.05 just to use as the password hacker. I did this with 6.10.02 till I located it in the newer version.

Last edited:

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
I have not played around with that one yet,sorry.... You should be able to install the 6.12.02 on the computer along with the 6.12.05 just to use as the password hacker. I did this with 6.10.02 till I located it in the newer version.

How did you locate it? Am I looking for a specific string of hex characters?

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Any luck with.05? Trying to do the same with HT1250LS and using 6.12.05

I found this info after a bunch of searching and reading over on the batboard:

Find Hex Values... 5B 85 C0 74 2B and change 74 to EB

I downloaded a hex editor called XVI32 which has a nice search option right on the tool bar. But there are others.

Here's a link to the original message thread over there. Batboard • View topic - Password for CDM1550LS

I think this is the definitive answer, but have not had the opportunity to verify it because my programming laptop is in the shop for repair.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Works on every version from 6.02 and up.

This was part of the discussion in a couple of threads over on the batboard. It finally convinced me that if it worked earlier versions, including several of the R06.12.xx releases, it should work on the latest R06.12.05.

For this version, the address is 24DD69.

Thanks everyone for pitching in.

GBLOCK

CPS 6.12.02

Worked perfect! Thank you so much for the support!

sirknighten

GP3188 Codeplug password

Hi, I have similar problem to this. I cannot remember what is the codeplug password of my gp 3188 and the problem now is I can access it in my CPS since I can't remember the password. How can I possibly get rid of this problem or what will be the solution for this? My radio as of now is useless for I cannot update the new updated list of frequencies in our place.. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.