• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT1550 won't transmit

Status
Not open for further replies.

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
Earlier on a med call today I went to key my radio up and it made a crackling noise and the screen flashed and the radio went dead. Turned the knob off and back on and it did it again. After about 5 tries I finally got it to transmit. This is my radio that I rely on in fires and on calls. Does anyone here know what the problem is?

Motorola HT1550•XLS | Motorola HT1250 | Motorola CP200XLS | Kenwood TK-790 | Motorola Minitor VI

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
b95334d4b307d9e01fb10e01fadbb5a5.jpg

Motorola HT1550•XLS | Motorola HT1250 | Motorola CP200XLS | Kenwood TK-790 | Motorola Minitor VI

SCPD

QRT
Do you recall when the battery was issued or purchased, time wise, year, months, or longer for example. Have you tried another battery? You can use a xts battery to test it out, or spare, try that if one is around see if problem exists still.

Was radio recast lately in recent history or any work done to it? If the battery change does not solve issue the case may need to be opened to inspect the inside to see if any flex connectors have come unclipped or if any damage inside exists Hardware wise. Since the radio most likley sees heat, water situations it's a matter of time before any radio ends up with a issue. Just have to find out the culrpit.

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
The battery was on the radio when I bought it about 6 months ago. I'll swap it out with the one on my 1250

SCPD

QRT
Try that, if the connectors don't line up on battery you can peel the label off in the left upper corner and it'll expose 3 contacts. You could try this to test the radio out. While it isn't fancy it'll give a result if it's beyond the batt. Some batteries depending on shelf life and where they came from don't last. Some malfunction. It happens. But try that see what result comes, through repeater and talk around.

Also request when you check if the audio is clear, static, or popping on both talk around and through repeater to other users.

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
Motorola date code of 1545 is a 2015 Battery made in the 45th week of 2015. Never trust a used Battery.

I've burned up a radio before using an aftermarket battery. I think I'll be best off buying a new battery from a Motorola dealer

SCPD

QRT
Next option is to have it decased and check everthing for signs of anything out of the norm, flex etc and any kind of damage or short to ground or a failing component.

I should ask, does it recieve fine and operate fine without any issue rx only all day until you attempt to ptt? I would start at the flex connections see if anything is loose and the ptt area in board.

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
I should ask, does it recieve fine and operate fine without any issue rx only all day until you attempt to ptt? I would start at the flex connections see if anything is loose and the ptt area in board.

Yes it receives perfectly. It just does that when I key up. It sometimes does it and sometimes it transmits no problem.

Kenwood TK-2180 | Motorola HT1550•XLS | Motorola HT1250 | Motorola CP200XLS | Kenwood TK-790 | Motorola Minitor VI

Status
Not open for further replies.