• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT750 16-ch...OEM Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoboCoastie

Hello all. Been lurking in here for a couple years now.

I've got some old HT750's that I'm looking to DRMO,

They did have only 7 channels that we utilized on the ship (Coast Guard) and I'd like to make sure all 16 channels work, however it's been very difficult finding the original 16 frequencies.

Everything works as far as programming, no connection issues, reads/writes, etc.

I looked in the database here for the Motorola default frequencies and just plugged 1-16 from the RDX defaults into my codeplug and sent it. 1-10 work just fine and when I read the radio, 1-16 show up, but 11-16 tone out on the radio which usually indicates that channel is not in use?

Obviously, this is only a collateral duty for me and I'm NO expert. What am I doing wrong? Anybody got the frequencies I need?

Thanks for any help forthcoming!

Hobo

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
You need to go to the bottom of the CPS "tree", expand the Personality Assignment to Zone, go to the channels tab, right-click on the left side then click on "add at end" enough times to enable the other channels. Then, click the drop-down menu on each new channel to pick the personality you want to assign to that spot.

In Professional CPS, personalities don't equal channels until you assign them as such.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
These commercial radios don't come with "default" channels like the consumer grade or low end commercial grade do. They come from the factory blank and it's up to the radio shop to program to the specific needs of the user.

Finding 16 "itinerant" type frequencies, or like you did, the preset channels from a lower tier radio will do just as good.

Likely these had the 457MHz marine UHF channels in them from USCG use. I was on a 180' WLB, so we didn't need radios, just used the 1MC or yelled.

HoboCoastie

These commercial radios don't come with "default" channels like the consumer grade or low end commercial grade do. They come from the factory blank and it's up to the radio shop to program to the specific needs of the user.

Finding 16 "itinerant" type frequencies, or like you did, the preset channels from a lower tier radio will do just as good.

Likely these had the 457MHz marine UHF channels in them from USCG use. I was on a 180' WLB, so we didn't need radios, just used the 1MC or yelled.

Yep, that's about where these were at. I'm on a 225 WLB! Good to see another Black Hull Sailor!

HoboCoastie

You need to go to the bottom of the CPS "tree", expand the Personality Assignment to Zone, go to the channels tab, right-click on the left side then click on "add at end" enough times to enable the other channels. Then, click the drop-down menu on each new channel to pick the personality you want to assign to that spot.

In Professional CPS, personalities don't equal channels until you assign them as such.

That did it! All 16 channels working like a champ now. Thank you much Sir!

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Yep, that's about where these were at. I'm on a 225 WLB! Good to see another Black Hull Sailor!

Hey! Those 225's are some good looking ships. I was on the Ironwood (WLB-297) out of Kodiak back in the early 90's. SN/deck force. Loved it, great duty, learned a lot, good times. It was my only underway duty, but I'm really glad I got to spend it on a black hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.