• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

HT750 Scan upon Power On

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Anyone know how to set up the HT750 to automatically start scanning upon powering up the radio?

Right now the radio will not even start scanning when the scan feature is left on when turning the power off.

Let me know what you think,

Thanks,

Brandon
K7KLA

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Anyone know how to set up the HT750 to automatically start scanning upon powering up the radio?

Right now the radio will not even start scanning when the scan feature is left on when turning the power off.

Read the radio.
Select the Conventional Personalities section.
Pick the personality you want included in the scan.
Click on the Scan tab.
Make sure the Auto Scan box is checked.

Do this for every personality you want to be included in Auto Scan.

Then go to the Scan List section and select the scan list you want to use.
Click on the List tab and assign the personalities to the scan list.

I have several radios set up like this and each radio comes up in scan mode when powered up.

firefive76

We have had the same issues with HT750's. If the above post doesn't work, upgrade the firmware. That's what I have been doing with ours.

SD70MAC

HT750 scan

If you don't use the Orange Emergency button on top ,you can program it for scan and evey time you turn it on it will start scanning. We don't use emergency buttons so thats where I program scan in the HT750/1250's.

Just my 2 cents

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
If you don't use the Orange Emergency button on top ,you can program it for scan and evey time you turn it on it will start scanning. We don't use emergency buttons so thats where I program scan in the HT750/1250's.

Just my 2 cents

A very valuable reminder, and thanks! IIRC, if one of the programmable buttons on the radio is not set to Toggle System Scan On/Off, I don't think Scan will automatically be On when the radio is powered up.

SCPD

QRT
Scan Daddy

A very valuable reminder, and thanks! IIRC, if one of the programmable buttons on the radio is not set to Toggle System Scan On/Off, I don't think Scan will automatically be On when the radio is powered up.

Like SteveC said in his step by step, you can get the radio to scan as soon as you turn the radio on, if the radio is selected to a channel that had the auto-scan checked during programming.
(sorry, Steve, I'm old school, I should of said "personality".).

Last edited:

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Here is where I am at now. I found the Auto Scan feature and have activated it with success. Now when I power on the radio it automatically starts scanning. Now the scan on/off toggle does not work. It is is scan continuously. Any suggestions to over come this?

Ideally I would like to have it set up so that it will automatically start scanning when powering on and still be able to toggle the scan on/off.

Thanks for everyone's replies!

Brandon, K7KLA

trlrdrdave

My ht1250 will be in scan if it was on when I turned it off. Did you update firmware as was suggested in an earlier post. However I have never seen one that wouldn't stay in scan after turning it off!

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I haven't updated the firmware. I don't have direct access to the programming software. I have been bugging a fellow firefighter who has the programming although doesn't really have the expertice level of knowledge. I am not sure how to correct my problem or update the firmware and he probably doesn't either. I hate taking up his time to tinker and troubleshoot my pickienes. I would love to get my hands on a copy of the software.

Thanks,

Brandon

bezking

Here is where I am at now. I found the Auto Scan feature and have activated it with success. Now when I power on the radio it automatically starts scanning. Now the scan on/off toggle does not work. It is is scan continuously. Any suggestions to over come this?

Ideally I would like to have it set up so that it will automatically start scanning when powering on and still be able to toggle the scan on/off.

Thanks for everyone's replies!

Brandon, K7KLA

That's not how it works, I'm afraid. :) If you turn on autoscan then there's no way to shut it off.
BTW if you want CPS see the sticky thread in this forum regarding how to buy it.

SD70MAC

The Orange top botton will make the radio go to scan on power up and it will let you ON/Off at anytime. I have used this option on our radios since 2000 on the old R1.00 firmware all the way to the R5.17 firmware. The option the CPS gives you is Toggle Scan ON/OFF(short press). I have all my ProSeries HT's set to this option(HT1550XLS,HT1250,HT750 and EX600XLS) and they all scan when I turn them on. This WILL work without a doubt.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
The Orange top botton will make the radio go to scan on power up and it will let you ON/Off at anytime. I have used this option on our radios since 2000 on the old R1.00 firmware all the way to the R5.17 firmware. The option the CPS gives you is Toggle Scan ON/OFF(short press). I have all my ProSeries HT's set to this option(HT1550XLS,HT1250,HT750 and EX600XLS) and they all scan when I turn them on. This WILL work without a doubt.

So what settings exactly do I need to set on the radio in order to make this happen?

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
That's not how it works, I'm afraid. :) If you turn on autoscan then there's no way to shut it off.
BTW if you want CPS see the sticky thread in this forum regarding how to buy it.

Does Motorola sell the software to businesses or do you have to be a certified radio tech/dealer?

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Does Motorola sell the software to businesses or do you have to be a certified radio tech/dealer?

You do realize that:

• The software itself is $299.
  • The cable is anywhere from $50 to $150 depending on where and what you get.
  • The software runs best on a Win98 or XP computer that has a serial port.
  • The software will not run on most Win7 64 bit computers. (There is **NO** workaround for this.)
  • There is a steep learning curve to successfully and properly using this software.

Now, to answer your question, if you qualify to open a Motorola On Line account and they approve it, they will sell you the software.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider

I have tried this and I am unable to get this to work.

timkilbride

Database Admin
You could set one channel to "auto-scan" and another not to auto-scan(both with same freq/pl/ect...). This would take up 2 memory's(channels). When you don't want to scan, move the channel selector to the channel that doesn't have "auto-scan" selected. I use the "auto-scan" on a CDM1250. I don't want the scan to ever turn off so I never played with it that far.

Tim

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
I am really not sure how I have the settings I do. I would even be willing to make a YouTube video of the radio in operation. I have the radio set up the way I want it except for one setting. When it was programmed the Tx Configuration was set for Channel 1 to be the default transmitting channel while the radio is in Scan Mode. If I hook up the radio to the CPS and read the radio, change this one setting and write the radio I lose the Auto Scan on Power On feature. I am almost thinking this is a fluke that happened. I really don't know what else to think... We even adjusted the setting back to what it was when we read the radio and it still doesn't work.

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
Figured It Out

I finally figured it out. For a little background information we have purchased multiple Ht750 over the last several years for our Ski Patrol.

I found out that there are several different firmware versions. I was not able to replicate the settings that I wanted when programing the radios. I finally came to the conclusion that there was some sort of glitch while cloning the radios.

I found the radio with the highest firmware version and used that radio to do all my programming after several failed attempts at programming older firmware versions. I believe the radio with the highest firmware was 5.08.11 (I could be slightly off but I believe that to be correct). When I programmed this radio it would keep the scan toggle as it was when the radio was turned off. So in other words if the scan toggle was on when the radio was turned off than the scan toggle would be on when the radio was turned back on.

After I got this radio with the highest firmware version programmed exactly like I wanted it I decided to clone the other radios from this radio. Before I started cloning other radios I decided to leave the scan toggle on when turning off the radio. This is where the glitch came in. The radios with the older firmware versions now automatically start scanning when turning on the radio and still gives the user the option to toggle the scan on/off with the push of a button. Even if the scan toggle is off when the radio is shut off the radio will automatically default back to scan on when the radio is turned back on.

Hopefully this clarifies some of the confusion regarding my original post and some of the posts of others.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding my experience and I will try to answer the questions to the best of my ability.

Thanks,

Brandon, K7KLA

Status
Not open for further replies.