html5 player is caching and I dont know how to return to realtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnoN

sorry if this has been asked/answered before, I looked around but didn't see anything...

When using the HTML5 web player (the default I think), if I stop/pause playback and leave for a while (like overnight), when I return the stream continues playing from where I paused it. For example, it's currently 11:00, but the stream is playing audio from ~15:00 yesterday.

Refreshing the page does not fix it. Restarting the browser (firefox) used to fix it, but now that doesn't work either.

If relevant, the specific stream is
Seattle Police, Fire and EMS, Seatac Airport Police and Fire - Live Audio Feed Web Player

Help?

thanks
Jonathan

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Ctrl-F5... clears cache and refreshes page... also in Firefox you can set in your options to clear the cache on shutdown.

JonnoN

thanks...it appears to be shift-F5, at least in Firefox...I'll try that tomorrow. I don't see the clear cache on shutdown setting, but I don't really want that anyway.

JonnoN

well hmm...shift-F5 didn't work, just keep hearing the same snippet of audio every time I reload. But today restarting the browser did work.

Status
Not open for further replies.