Hudson FD Fire Ground Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordon115

Friday evening Hudson had a fire at Charter Oaks CC on Chestnut St. In the early stages of the fire all communications were on the 470.700 repeater. A while into the incident command told the units at the scene to switch to Channel 16 and a short time later told them to change to Channel 2. Is Channel 2 direct on 470.700 or is it another frequency?

Hudson FD is licensed for repeaters & mobiles on 460.525 & 460.575 but doesn't seem to use those frequencies. I didn't hear any activity on these during this incident but I'm too far away to hear simplex communications on them.

I know that some of the towns in the Concord area refer to the 483.7125 146.2 repeater as Channel 16.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Gordon

N1BHH

When they went to UHF for the first time they did use the 460 frequencies but a short time later they got the 470 frequencies. The site they used had some very odd interference problems on the input of the 470's so they set up the input for a short time with the input of one of the 460 frequencies. That's my simple explanation. They were supposedly going to keep the 460's operating but I don't know what's come of them. I would suspect that channel 2 is direct on their radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.