Hudson NH ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybug

Premium Subscriber
HI folks, lately I have been logging quite a few PD frequencies for Hudson, anyone else logging Hudson and getting these or is it my logging program? 1601248773004.png

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
HI folks, lately I have been logging quite a few PD frequencies for Hudson, anyone else logging Hudson and getting these or is it my logging program? View attachment 92058

The 800 mHz frequencies you have logged all belong to Zone 5 of Mass State Police's trunked system, which can most likely be heard in Hudson (although I do not know why it is logging them with a NAC of 470 as they are all mostly analog). The 159.2175 frequency you have logged should actually be Hudson Police.

skybug

Premium Subscriber
The 800 mHz frequencies you have logged all belong to Zone 5 of Mass State Police's trunked system, which can most likely be heard in Hudson (although I do not know why it is logging them with a NAC of 470 as they are all mostly analog). The 159.2175 frequency you have logged should actually be Hudson Police.
Ok, that's what I thought, seen this happen before but guess there was an update to the program I am using and it messed up in the logging, then an update was sent after I tested it and was good now. I didn't see this on my SDS200 logging, just on the 996P2 unit. And correct, the 159.2175 is the correct one unless they go to the ENC channel. Guess it's time to send it to the developer and see whats up. Last time is was logging every hit even thou it was selected not too.

ecps92

Latency in the scanner software, generally in a high RF area, results in many a FALSE PL/DPL/NAC being logged, generally why I tend to right-off the "One-Off" hits

Even DSD+ has issues with weak signals or even Strong.
Local Federal Repeater [5mi from me] was logged as $567 not $167 until I put it on Attenuation :)

n1das

The 800 MHz freqs are MASP being heard up here in southern NH. 800 mHz is 0.8 Hz.

159.2175 MHz is Hudson PD. I haven't bothered to listen to Hudson PD in a long time because they are ENC'd most of the time if not full time on 159.2175 MHz.

skybug

Premium Subscriber
So I am going to post this again to see if anyone else but me is having this issue now and then. Not getting much help from elsewhere. But I'll state this again. I have programmed my 996P2 scanner using to different programs, totally clearing the unit before each re-programming. but this still happens now and then. This is what's happening on the Hudson NH and the NH State PD once in a while:

As you can see, I keep getting a 800Mhz freq for Hudson PD, even thou they are not on it. Also in this clip, the NH State PD Airwing is on the .3150 freq but shows up here as NH Troop D, but in the radio and when it was programmed, its typed in as NH State PD Airwing.
Anyone know what's going on? its only happening on my 996P2 scanner, my SDS200 and BCT15X are both fine. I have good clean signals here, no distortion or interference at all. Nothing nerby that causes any issues with my radios.

I've tried other help elsewhere and not getting anywhere.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.