Hudson Valley HELP Trucks

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Because NYCOMCO won the bid for a new contract.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
What he said.

Because NYCOMCO won the bid for a new contract.

I've also noticed that in addition to this, the HELP Truck seems to be rebranded or just new and updated. I don't know if it's just a Region 8 HELP thing or not, but the trucks look different. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but it might also hint at something as well.

Homer_LCPDFR

Premium Subscriber
@seagravebuff60 As far as I can tell, every region got new HELP trucks in late June. They also took this opportunity to renumber all the HELP trucks that didn't have unit numbers corresponding to their region.

For example, for some reason Region 4 HELP trucks were numbered as (and identified on air as) 101 through 105, which has now been changed to 401 through 405.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Ok, thanks.

They also took this opportunity to renumber all the HELP trucks that didn't have unit numbers corresponding to their region.

I'm not too sure if Region 8 (HV) got that memo. :( They still seem to identify as they always did. Which is a mess.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Has anyone been able to hear the R8 (Hudson Valley) help trucks on the NYCOMCO DMR system? TG 19118 and 19119. No radio traffic or affiliations since 3/20 at around 0930 hours.

I searched other unidentified TGs, nothing. Searched to see if they somehow went back to OneVoice, nothing. Even searched the DOT lowband frequencies, nothing. Its like they just disappeared. :rolleyes:

N2ACF

Feed Provider
Has anyone been able to hear the R8 (Hudson Valley) help trucks on the NYCOMCO DMR system? TG 19118 and 19119. No radio traffic or affiliations since 3/20 at around 0930 hours.

I searched other unidentified TGs, nothing. Searched to see if they somehow went back to OneVoice, nothing. Even searched the DOT lowband frequencies, nothing. Its like they just disappeared. :rolleyes:
Due to coverage issues, they switched back to the Goosetown System last week.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know anything about hearing the HELP trucks on Long Island
The last time I was near a truck, 4 days ago, I did not see any antenna on the truck other than the factory radio antenna. This was in East Islip. There could be a uhf on there somewhere that I missed. If there was, they could be on the Onevoice system or the Nassau Suffolk Communications system as those are really the only systems here that span both counties.

Com-Tech51H8

bureaucratic absence of presence.
Premium Subscriber
@seagravebuff60 As far as I can tell, every region got new HELP trucks in late June. They also took this opportunity to renumber all the HELP trucks that didn't have unit numbers corresponding to their region.

For example, for some reason Region 4 HELP trucks were numbered as (and identified on air as) 101 through 105, which has now been changed to 401 through 405.
i suspect that the ones number 101-105 came from 4region 1 albany i believe those trucks were do for replacement a few years ago and they want back to autobase for rebranding or decommissioning