Huge chemical fire on 7700 Howard in essex county

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Not sure if anyone is listening to this? I'm in windsor and hear our dept on TAC 5 but can't hear any traffic on the county fire frequencies. The fire is on 7700 Howard close to McGregor. At a place called Envirotech Plastics. A plastic recycling plant. The smoke is very toxic and Windsor Fire has been working with the Ministry of The Environment to continually take air quality readings in the area.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
I could actually see the smoke from here in Ann Arbor. At first, I thought it was a storm in the distance, but from a higher vantage point, I could clearly see that it was a smoke plume. Hopefully, nobody was injured in this multi-alarm blaze?

73's

Ron

Thunderbolt said:
I could actually see the smoke from here in Ann Arbor. At first, I thought it was a storm in the distance, but from a higher vantage point, I could clearly see that it was a smoke plume. Hopefully, nobody was injured in this multi-alarm blaze?

73's

Ron

might also be the trash fire in amherstburg that you are seeing

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
newbie said:
might also be the trash fire in amherstburg that you are seeing
The media in Detroit reported that wrong in saying it was trash. Frighting how poorly the two countries communicate when there's a fire like that burning toxic plastics.

SCPD

QRT
Thunderbolt said:

73's

Ron
Sorry I never got back here to update. No one was hurt. My site crashed over night so all my updates are lost. It was a plastics recycling facility and the smoke was toxic but all the monitoring they did proved to be within acceptable levels. It burned on into today with some hotspots, but is out now.

SCPD

QRT
IdleMonitor said:

They were mostly talking on 420.4500MHz which is part of the new passport system. No scanners have that yet I think, but I was able to listen to that in conventional mode. That was Amherstburg Fire. Windsor Fire were talking on their own trunked system on TAC5.

Status
Not open for further replies.