Huge Gas Explosion on Barge in Mobile, AL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
A huge gas explosion on the Mobile River in Mobile, Alabama. Coast Guard and Mobile Fire on Scene. Two LNG Gas Barges. Unknown on injured or dead. To early to know. 8:30pm explosion occurred according to news Ch 10.

Michael-SATX

Wow 1099 listeners when I joined the feed just now, I hope this week is not shaping up like last week !

"Edit" ~ Talk about a feed climb rate ! now there are 1280 listeners just 10 minutes later ...

Last edited:

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
Videos on youtube.

Explosion at Alabama Fuel Barge Fox News Coverage from Mobile River - YouTube

and

Alabama Fuel barge explodes | Explosion Mobile River in Alabama on 2 Barges near Convention Center - YouTube

Now 6 Explosions have went off. 3 people in critical condition. At Midnight Fire Crews are doing a roatation. Some will go back to station and some will stay on scene. Fire Department still on standby watching the fire. Mobile Fire Department has asked news 10 to keep there cameras on the fire because they have the best view of the fire.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the feed is 30 mints behind. I heard some tones and also hearing message aborted. Not sure if they are using tones on 800.

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
No the feed is not 30 min behind. "Fire Alarm" is the Main Dispatcher. What you are hearing is multiple calls going on in the city and county. They use a computer generated voice for dispatch. It takes a while to get use to the computerized voice. "Command" is the on scene person. The fire units on scene are staging right now as of 12:49am Mobile, Alabama, They are watching it burn. They are hoping it burns out and they don't have any more explosions. I'm sure they will get closer in the morning when they have light.

Status
Not open for further replies.