HUGE geo tag update

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
Sorry for all the GREEN updates guys/gals (is there any gals here?).

Anyway, I updated geotags to about 95% of all counties and cities in the state on each counties main page.

i didn't mess with any of the trunked systems....yet.

There are a few, especially in the area's i wasn't familiar with (like Los Angeles county and other counties down south) that are still missing, so I did what I could.

It's amazing how much wasn't done and how much was wrong (with the counties, not nesscessarily the cities).

Enjoy.
Bill

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Nice job, thanks! Apparently according to some submissions we've gotten the Uniden HP-1 doesn't list frequencies tagged as "other," so that's another thing to keep an eye out for. I just did a recent geotag overhaul of the San Diego RCS, so don't worry about that one. I bet LA_Flyer could help us with the other southern CA cities. :)

KJ6HCB

So, me being such a noob to the larger radio systems with trunking and digital, etc (my county is still all conventional and my "standard" scanners get me by fine - what does the geotagging do (I assume interface lat/lon with frequencies and signal strengths to create some sort of coverage map?)

What can be done with the info? Hows it obtained?

kma371

QRT
For location based scanners like 996/396/HP1, locations are activated when in range of the geotag.

The locations and radius info is in the DB and can be used in the programming.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.