HughesNet- Radiocom 452

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamdotson

Hello from the Kern County mountains in California. This is a great site with loads of info, thanks.
I was not happy to find out that HughesNet blocks ports 80 and 8088 blocking my ability to to download freq info into ARC. I guess man input only hurts the fingers? Any work arounds?
Also i am having problems getting radiocom 452 to work with my pcr-1500 running 2.10 on vista? Do i need the Bonita Dongle with the PCR-1500?

I am very new to the scanner thing......I got the flu real bad and was stuck at home so i sent the wife out to pick me up a few radios to give me somthing to do other that watching TV and playing on the Net.

Radios,
GRE-PSR-500 running ARC and SkanControl
IC-PCR-1500 trying to run Radiocom 452 and IC ver 2.10 firmware and control

Thanks again,

WD

brscanning

Hello from the Kern County mountains in California. This is a great site with loads of info, thanks.
I was not happy to find out that HughesNet blocks ports 80 and 8088 blocking my ability to to download freq info into ARC. I guess man input only hurts the fingers? Any work arounds?

Not sure why you think that HughesNet blocks port 80. This is the standard HTTP port which without it you would not be able to access any web pages. Something else must be going on here.

ki7xh

WD - Did you ever find a workaround for HughesNet? I have the same problem. My error reads "INIT not ok. Can't read user data." It used to work until the interface was changed.

I can use dial-up on the same PCs and get in no problem, but rural landlines yield 9600 baud max at my location. On other broadband providers like Comcast, it works fine.

Darrin KI7XH

williamdotson

work around

The only work around i have found is to bring my laptop to work and download from there. I screwed around with the hughesnet modem for a day and no results. H-net sucks! for a number of reasons but when you live in a rural area it's the only option that i know of? The lil secret none of these SAT company's tell you is the VERY limited 24 hour download limit, my limit is 500mb. Also the fact they ALL limit, block certain ports that keeps us from using bandwidth ie voice over IP ect.

Good luck my friend!

WD

Status
Not open for further replies.