Huh? LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka5lqj

We have "WINNERS!!" YEAAAAAA! ;-)

Hi,

Well, I am deeply indebted to ALL of you for your kind help. I've managed to get several "sources" of information, all of which are very good.

Now, I also recieved a private e-mail from, let's say, "A. Nonnie Muss", LOL! I'm not to sure this source would want to be "outted", so as not to be bothered. Let's just say, "Thanks" for this site:

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchAdvanced.jsp An here all along, I thought "Java" was a good, hot, cup of coffee....."I love coffee, I love tea, I love the JAVA and it loves me...." LOL! No, I don't know the JAVA program, but I need it to run my www.noaa.gov call for me to see the local wx radar.

So far, I've managed to find the new "channel" listings and have started the search for
agencies in AR, LA, TX, OK, & MS on 150.775 and working my way up frequency and writing down the agencies that fall in that 150 mile range. I'll do the low-band stations (30-50 mcs), then the low-bad UHF (450-470 mcs) and the "Extended" (470-512 mcs) later. I already have the 800 mc "Trunked" frequencies, which I get within 60 miles of Shreveport.

"Thanks" again to ALL of you for your help and friendship. That's what makes scanning fun and Y' all are the best. For those of you who are HAMS, I hope we can have a QSO and "ragchew" soon on HF.

Once I can confirm the stations I'll have, I'll submit it to RR to be posted. This "thread" is now "closed".... Elvis has left the building, Bwahahahahahahaha!

Blessings,
73 (Best Regard)

Don/KA5-LQJ

D

DaveNF2G

The channelized allocations are listed within the FCC regulations that cover each service. For "land mobile communications" - most of the stuff we hear on scanners - the information is contained in Part 90 (of Title 47 of the Code of Federal Regulations).

ka5lqj

"Thanks, Dr. Dave", ;-)

So,

They've changed the name of it? I went to the U.S. Government Printing Office web site and tried my best to find the "F.C.C. Part 90" and the "Federal Communications Commission Rules & Regulations Part 90", with no success.

It used to be you could "order" Part 90 (Land Miobile), Part 95 (Citizens Band), Part 97 (Amateur Radio) or Part 93, I don't remember what that was though, now. I also use to order my "topographical" maps from the U.S. Geological Survey, when trying to determine where transmitter sites were.

I've found the necessary information with some of the websites the others have sent and am in the process now of transfering those to paper for the various agencies I need to look up in the F.C.C. data base for the States of AR, LA, TX, OK, & MS. I'll have a list of frequencies in the 30-50 mc. low-band FM, 150-174 mc. VHF Hi band FM, the 406-470 mc UHF Lo band, and the 470-512 mc UHF Hi band. I don't imagine that I would hear any of the 800 Trunked stations other than what I already have, since the range is line-of-sight.

When Cycle 24 gets better, the Low band (30-50 mcs) will come in from everywhere! Ten and Six meters will be "hot" too. There also will be "openings", "band enhancements", and even some "ducting" during certain weather conditions. Even TV channels from VHF to UHF will come in as well, if you have an "antenna" and not a dish or cable. I saw that during Cycle 23 all the way up to Channel 57.

Well, I need some "lunch" and to lie down for a nap. I seem to tire more easily these days.

Blessings,
Respectfully,

Don/KA5-LQJ

Status
Not open for further replies.