Hum on 940 KHZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioguy99

Has anyone else west of the rockies heard this? There seems to be a station that is .1 of frequency and this is heard in southern CA and eastern Utah. I have not heard this at all east of the rockies. I have heard this on 8 different radios so it is NOT the receiver.

SCPD

QRT
No idea, but I'm getting Fresno, CA on 940AM. It's coming in good into Seattle at midnight.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

radioguy99 said:
Has anyone else west of the rockies heard this? There seems to be a station that is .1 of frequency and this is heard in southern CA and eastern Utah. I have not heard this at all east of the rockies. I have heard this on 8 different radios so it is NOT the receiver.

Have you checked your receivers at more than one location? (I would say at least two miles apart.)

There is a good chance that you are having a local interference issue.

k9rzz

So, it's a station off frequency making the 'hum' rather than a station broadcasting a hum.

Yes, it happens more often then you'd think. You'll hear one on most nights if you listen to each channel.

Try checking all the stations on the 60 meter tropical band. 90% are "off frequency".

kilokat7

Premium Subscriber
XEQ out of Mexico City runs on the low side of 940 (939.88 khz) causing a very noticeable hum as I listen to 940 as I type this. It could be what you are hearing too.

Status
Not open for further replies.