Humane Society of Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyWest35

Premium Subscriber
By chance does anyone know the radio frequencie or where to find the frequencie for the Humane Society of Missouri based in St Louis? I have tried looking for it in everything i can think of and still no luck.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
By chance does anyone know the radio frequencie or where to find the frequencie for the Humane Society of Missouri based in St Louis? I have tried looking for it in everything i can think of and still no luck.

Do they even have a radio system?
I've been to one of their locations several times in the past few months and can't say that I noticed any antennas on any of their vehicles I saw.

I have a cat appointment this Friday so I'll try and see if I can look a bit closer if any of their vehicles are even in the lot.

They may rely upon cellular or nextel is my next guess.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
In some states humane agents are law enforcement officers. They may use county or state trunked systems. Look for talk groups like animal control or shelter. They may even use an investigations talk group. The also could be associated with departments of agriculture.

Last edited:

kruser

Premium Subscriber
In some states humane agents are law enforcement officers. They may use county or state trunked systems with designated talk groups. The may also be associated with state departments of agriculture.
That be true. Ours is controlled by the state as far as I know but seems that they may be locally funded in each region. I've never seen our guys on Animal Planet kicking in barn doors so I'm not sure of they have law enforcement powers or not or if they let that up to another agency!
I think I may need to research this one as I actually wonder the same as the ops question now.
I know conservation handles big game but I don't think they handle animal abuse or anything to do with domestic pets for example. At least nothing I've ever heard when monitoring the conservation commision.
I have heard of some agency making arrests in the state for some form of animal abuse but I can't say I ever paid attention as to who that agency was.

KeyWest35

Premium Subscriber
That be true. Ours is controlled by the state as far as I know but seems that they may be locally funded in each region. I've never seen our guys on Animal Planet kicking in barn doors so I'm not sure of they have law enforcement powers or not or if they let that up to another agency!
I think I may need to research this one as I actually wonder the same as the ops question now.
I know conservation handles big game but I don't think they handle animal abuse or anything to do with domestic pets for example. At least nothing I've ever heard when monitoring the conservation commision.
I have heard of some agency making arrests in the state for some form of animal abuse but I can't say I ever paid attention as to who that agency was.

I bet you are right about fhem using nextals. I knew a man who worked for a trucking company that got rid of their shared business radios a while back as the only time they could get in touch with him was when he was in his truck. It is probably cheaper and easier to have accountability with a nextal. I used to work with them years ago and knew they had radiuos and used a code for radio calls. They do have animal abuse investigators who work closely with police and prosecuters, They are a non profit organization and receive no funds from the city or state and do a great job protecting dogs, cats, horses, and farm animals from abuse. Thanks to those that responded as you answered my question i'm sure.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I bet you are right about fhem using nextals. I knew a man who worked for a trucking company that got rid of their shared business radios a while back as the only time they could get in touch with him was when he was in his truck. It is probably cheaper and easier to have accountability with a nextal. I used to work with them years ago and knew they had radiuos and used a code for radio calls. They do have animal abuse investigators who work closely with police and prosecuters, They are a non profit organization and receive no funds from the city or state and do a great job protecting dogs, cats, horses, and farm animals from abuse. Thanks to those that responded as you answered my question i'm sure.

I was at the west count (chesterfield valley) location yesterday but there was only one truck in the lot marked with their logo.
It had no antennas other than an am/fm radio antenna.
I do recall years ago that the trucks at the Maryland Heights location did have VHF whips on them but gosh, that was 20+ years ago!
I bet some of them still have radios though. They might use the states health department radios or maybe even licensed under one of the guys in charge in a given region being as they are non profit. I do get by the old maryland heights location once in a while so the next time I'm up that way, I'll drive around back and see what I can see if the office is still there even. I think it was more of an impound building for the strays they picked up from what little I can remember. I think it was off of Dorsett or Mckelvey. I can't remember for sure but I'd remember if I drive there.
It was east of 270 about a mile or three on a side street off of Dorsett I think. The building front could have been on Dorsett though but all access was from the rear. I had to go there a long time ago to pickup some rabies tags that had been ripped off our dogs collar and they had them at that location. I remember seeing many cages of stray animals they had pulled off the streets but that is about all I remember other than the VHF antennas. I used to pay attention to antennas back then so I could search out companies frequencies! I still do that today.

Status
Not open for further replies.